Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 04:45 PM

10 posts, read 39,337 times

Advertisements

We are a young couple in our mid 20's who purchased our house 4 years ago and installed a huge koi pond on one side of our backyard with a waterfall. Now we have been tossing around the thought of getting a pool put in on the other side. We are home bodies and love spending our time in our backyard or at the beach. I think getting a pool would really keep us home more like we want to be. We owe a lot on our house and know we will be here for a loooong loooong time so I think, 'why not?' get a pool. We have no credit card debt at all. We just owe on our home, and car... period. I know it may not raise the value, but I don't really care about that because I'm looking at it like, we will get plenty of fun and use out of it in the first 10 years of having it.

What is the going price in the Venice Sarasota Florida area for a rather small pool and cage? We already have a huge lanai and concrete patio that we would keep enclosed with a cage, just add the pool beside the patio.

Since we don't have much equity in our home yet... Who should we talk to about getting a loan? I don't want to use Suntrust.

Any local pool installers that you recommend I talk to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPortFamily View Post
We are a young couple in our mid 20's who purchased our house 4 years ago and installed a huge koi pond on one side of our backyard with a waterfall. Now we have been tossing around the thought of getting a pool put in on the other side. We are home bodies and love spending our time in our backyard or at the beach. I think getting a pool would really keep us home more like we want to be. We owe a lot on our house and know we will be here for a loooong loooong time so I think, 'why not?' get a pool. We have no credit card debt at all. We just owe on our home, and car... period. I know it may not raise the value, but I don't really care about that because I'm looking at it like, we will get plenty of fun and use out of it in the first 10 years of having it.

What is the going price in the Venice Sarasota Florida area for a rather small pool and cage? We already have a huge lanai and concrete patio that we would keep enclosed with a cage, just add the pool beside the patio.

Since we don't have much equity in our home yet... Who should we talk to about getting a loan? I don't want to use Suntrust.

Any local pool installers that you recommend I talk to?
There's a sign on the Port Charlotte of US 41 heading through North Port. It says "swim in 33 days for only $19,900-complete pool package". So, I'm assuming you could get one for that.

I would recommend Jerry over at Casa Pools in Port Charlotte. They have been in town for over 20 years. He's done several pools for some of my clients and they all have been very satisified. He'll come out at no charge and check out your yard and tell you what you might be able to fit in the spot. He also does drawings of your ideas at no charge. He's just an all around good guy and very easy to work with.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:56 AM

Thanks

Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 PM

301 posts, read 1,153,711 times
I've been checking out pool places as well. It all depends on the size of pool and cage and type of deck material/style. There are also lots of extras, like pool heaters and automatic cleaners. Just a basic no-frills small pool with cage should be in the $19k-$25k range from what I've been seeing.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM

325 posts, read 1,023,749 times
We are charging any where from $18,000-$25,000 for basic pool and screened enclosure. But, that is basic. no bells and whistles.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,958 times
I have had a pool done by FULTON POOLS, 941-625-7929. They where great!! I must say we had no problems and they where happy to answer any of our questions we had. I would call Colin McTigue. You will not be disappointed!!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM

So we spoke with Casa Pools and have been quoted $20,400 for a 10ft by 20ft pool with a 3ft shallow end and 5ft deep end. They will add onto our lanai

Anyone know where we should start with the financing? Is is really really hard to get loans right now for something like this?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM

kbuild... what company do you work for? what size pool is that?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuild View Post
We are charging any where from $18,000-$25,000 for basic pool and screened enclosure. But, that is basic. no bells and whistles.

Interested in obtaining a quote!

Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 PM

325 posts, read 1,023,749 times
I am sorry, that is a standard 10' x 30' $19,435.00 site on seen. I own my own business, ( General Contractor) PM so I could meet with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area