Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 AM

378 posts, read 628,864 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your kind response. It is most unfortunate for me, as a new member, to have something like this happen. I feel she should have had the courtesy to contact me and explain why my posting was deleted when I had nothing to do with the way the thread departed the subject at hand.
I am sure there are many people on the forum who have good intentions but once burned is enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
Thank you for your kind response. It is most unfortunate for me, as a new member, to have something like this happen. I feel she should have had the courtesy to contact me and explain why my posting was deleted when I had nothing to do with the way the thread departed the subject at hand.
I am sure there are many people on the forum who have good intentions but once burned is enough for me.
Don't feel bad yellowsky. Sorry your thread was sidetracked too.
There are a lot of people here that offer a lot of assistance, and I try to do the same. Many have helped me out a lot, and most are positive. Sometimes, I try to post a little humor or something light just to keep things interesting.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
and sometimes he is drunk :-)

Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
and sometimes he is drunk :-)
I think there is a new name for what I do, since I rarely drink anymore. Drunk is past tense for drink. I do something completely different, which is why you always have a problem keeping pace with me. What is past tense for Guzzle? Or once I really get going - GLUG, GLUG, GLUG?

You're the master of mispronouncing words - since your British.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM

remind me to introduce you to a yard of ale - a British tradition

Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
How is it possible for Nancy Thereader to delete my posting????
Is she the moderator and therefore has all power?
Is it possible for me to delete her postings. After all she used my thread to change the subject and embark on a critique of SoFlGal that should have been dealt with one to one.
It is possible to start another thread isn't it?
This is so ridiculous. I am NOT a moderator and have no idea how to change or delete a post. I wouldn't do that anyway, no matter what he/she wrote. I am sorry that the subject was changed. All I did was mention that I contacted SoFLGal and then the subject was changed because of a long response and follow-up posts.

I can't believe when you asked about this that others responded that I am indeed a moderator and have this ability just because they disagree with me. It's ridiculous. Nobody even wrote "justNancy" is not a moderator and nancythereader is a different user name/member, leaving you to believe that I deleted your post. By the way, I don't see where a post of your was deleted at all.

I apologize about your thread being hijacked. It was not my intention.

Just FYI, look at the post that was deleted. It was my post that was removed.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-24-2009 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is so ridiculous. I am NOT a moderator and have no idea how to change or delete a post. I wouldn't do that anyway, no matter what he/she wrote. I am sorry that the subject was changed. All I did was mention that I contacted SoFLGal and then the subject was changed because of a long response and follow-up posts.

I can't believe when you asked about this that others responded that I am indeed a moderator and have this ability just because they disagree with me. It's ridiculous. Nobody even said "justNancy" is not a moderator and NancyTheReader is a different member, leaving you to believe that I deleted your post. By the way, I don't see where a post of your was deleted at all.

I apologize about your thread being hijacked. It was not my intention.

Just FYI, look at the post that was deleted. It was my post. Why nobody explained that to you is puzzling.

Ooopps! JustNancy,
"Nancy Threader" is the moderator. SoFLGal was not saying you deleted the post. Also, you did a lot more than just say you contacted SoFLGal, you pretty much trashed her. You even noted that she wasn't your agent, she referred you to someone on her team because she was unavailable. Seems kinda harsh on your part. Maybe you're a little sensitive now, I'm sure you don't intend to come across as they way it seems.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
remind me to introduce you to a yard of ale - a British tradition
I love a yard of ale! in fact I have my own yard - it has a pool! Are you suggesting that we fill it with Ale? Oh, and I've been introduced before! We're old friends!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Ooopps! JustNancy,
"Nancy Threader" is the moderator. SoFLGal was not saying you deleted the post. Also, you did a lot more than just say you contacted SoFLGal, you pretty much trashed her. You even noted that she wasn't your agent, she referred you to someone on her team because she was unavailable. Seems kinda harsh on your part. Maybe you're a little sensitive now, I'm sure you don't intend to come across as they way it seems.
Read the comment by yellowsky. I did answer the original question. Then you wrote a comment and I again responded. I'll leave it at that. I am not being sensitive and I didn't "trash" anyone IMO. I really don't want to continue this, but I had to post since yellowsky thinks I removed a post. It's obvious from the comment and, as I just wrote, nobody explained "this is not the same person" or cared to mention that MY post was the one that was removed.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM

no one responded saying you deleted the thread or were a moderator. Maybe yelloowsky was confused but you seem to have some persecution complex. Move on. everyone on here has posted in a light hearted jovial way, you are the one getting anal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area