Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 01:37 PM

128 posts, read 338,191 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am finally heading down to the area. Close on our home in upstate, ny 7/15 and will be in florida 7/23. Looking to rent for a few months to look around to purchase a home. North Port and Port Charlotte are the areas of interest. Looking for any information about the following area. It is a furnished rental priced nice. William Street. North Port, 34286. Any feedback appreciated. SoFlGal, I know you are from the area and I will need a real estate agent. Are you available? Thanks......Also, I am an RN and have made contact with Charlotte Regional....any feedback on this hospital is also welcomed.....BigHouse....how are the fish biting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfishing View Post
Hi, I am finally heading down to the area. Close on our home in upstate, ny 7/15 and will be in florida 7/23. Looking to rent for a few months to look around to purchase a home. North Port and Port Charlotte are the areas of interest. Looking for any information about the following area. It is a furnished rental priced nice. William Street. North Port, 34286. Any feedback appreciated. SoFlGal, I know you are from the area and I will need a real estate agent. Are you available? Thanks......Also, I am an RN and have made contact with Charlotte Regional....any feedback on this hospital is also welcomed.....BigHouse....how are the fish biting....
OK, William St is one of the shortest streets in NP. It's literally about 1000 ft from one end to another. The area should be fine. In fact my dad lives about three streets from William on the other side of Price Blvd. My only concern with living on William St is the proximity to Price Blvd. Since the street is so short the home has to be really close to Price Blvd, which is the main east west street through town. It should be OK for a short term rental but I'm guessing it's probably cheaper because it's so close to Price Blvd. Other than that, the location is fine-it's close to Publix, Blockbuster, Beef o' Brady's, the vet, banks, etc.

DM me on specific dates and I'll let you know when I'm around. Also I don't do rentals but I'm sure I can let you in the homes or whatever you need but would probably just direct you to whoever the list agent is for the lease, etc.

Charlotte Regional is over in Punta Gorda. I don't think I've ever been there so I don't have any real feedback. Did you try applying at the new hospital/emergency facility in North Port? I believe it's supposed to be completed by the end of the year.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
The fish are always biting! Of course I keep watching everyone else catching em! We have friends coming down, and they should be here by then.

Congratulations on selling your house! SWEET! Only one question though, what the heck is taking you so long to get down here?! LOL

Let me know when you're in town, maybe we could grab a beer, I can boat to Fishermans Village by the way. It is right around the corner!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:22 PM

66 posts, read 143,702 times
i JUST bought a home in north port which is located about five blocks north of I75, for $70,501. the realtor told me that my bid was just a smidgen over the next highest. maybe that $1.00 put me over. lol.... gotta get it inspected but i think that it's a nice home. i did a google street map and was able to virtually walk down my street to my home. the internet is amazing.

so, if my mom doesn't want to move in there until she can find a place of her own, i will rent it out until i can sell my house in texAss. the people here are drunken, idiot, filth.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,329 times
What kind of nursing do you do? I'm familiar with all the local hospitals. CRMC is a good facility, but Fawcett or Peace River will be less of a commute. The freestanding ED in NoPo is open but won't be open at full capacity til November, probably. There's also Englewood Community, great little hospital, not far from you. Those are the closest options for hospital nursing...depends on your specialty. Also lots of home health, hospice, etc.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:35 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving texAss View Post
i JUST bought a home in north port which is located about five blocks north of I75, for $70,501. the realtor told me that my bid was just a smidgen over the next highest. maybe that $1.00 put me over. lol.... gotta get it inspected but i think that it's a nice home. i did a google street map and was able to virtually walk down my street to my home. the internet is amazing.

so, if my mom doesn't want to move in there until she can find a place of her own, i will rent it out until i can sell my house in texAss. the people here are drunken, idiot, filth.
Congratulations on the new home! Hopefully you're not to close to the Myakkahatchee River because it runs out that way. If you get to close you would be in a flood zone. 95% of North Port is not in a flood zone but some of the homes out that way are in a flood zone. Just make sure you check it out. Sounds like you got a good price on your new home as long as everything checks out.

Good luck with it

Old 09-19-2009, 09:24 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving texAss View Post

Good Luck with your new home! I know your anxious to get to Florida. Question though. If your going to sell in Texas, why do you have to stay there while its on the market?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area