Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 AM

89 posts, read 381,026 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

My husband and I live in Atlanta and we are planning on heading down to Sarasota (more specifically Siesta Key beach) for 3-4 days and wondering about the weather down there.
According to online weather forecast, there will be some sort of T-storm everyday. We understand the weather is rather unpredictable down there and we do not mind T-storm here and there throughout the day as long as it clears up and sun comes out again.

I guess what we're worried about it raining on us most of the day and when it does stop, it's still cloudy/overcast that it doesn't really feel like we are at the beach in Florida.

So, I figured, who better to ask this kind of question than locals such as yourselves!

So, tell me... what do you think about the weather next week? We are thinking of driving down there either Mon or Tue and coming back on Thur.

I see that Issac has already passed FL --- any aftermath we have to think of when planning a trip down there?

Any info would be helpful - thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM

398 posts, read 820,537 times
A partly cloudy day at Siesta Key Beach is better than a sunny day in Hotlanta

Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 AM

509 posts, read 904,926 times
I think you'll be all right. It's sunny right now. This is the time of year it rains in the afternoons, but it clears up, you'll have a great time.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,670,116 times
We've been getting almost daily late afternoon/evening showers. That's the summer normal here & they do not last long. They will not ruin a day at the beach. I rarely ever check the forecast. As the old saying goes- "Don't like the weather? Wait 15 minutes"

We were lucky with Issac- really nothing other that a few hours of wind & rain. No damage or issues you need to worry about there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area