Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 AM

105 posts, read 186,409 times

Advertisements

RMD3819, thanks for the info! I just got an email for a phone interview with a CPA firm in Sarasota. They do not offer relocation but they are willing to talk to me and get things rolling. I just put in my resume with this company this morning and by the time I got back home from Lowes buying some misc things for the house to sell, I received an email back from them! I'm so excited. They want to schedule a phone interview with me for tomorrow and hopefully it will turn into a face-to-face interview! Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for me! I also got an email from another company as a senior purchasing agent and hopefully they will contact me for a phone interview. We also got an email from a granite and marlbe installation place for my husband. Hopefully that will turn into something, too!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson5077 View Post
RMD3819, thanks for the info! I just got an email for a phone interview with a CPA firm in Sarasota. They do not offer relocation but they are willing to talk to me and get things rolling. I just put in my resume with this company this morning and by the time I got back home from Lowes buying some misc things for the house to sell, I received an email back from them! I'm so excited. They want to schedule a phone interview with me for tomorrow and hopefully it will turn into a face-to-face interview! Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for me! I also got an email from another company as a senior purchasing agent and hopefully they will contact me for a phone interview. We also got an email from a granite and marlbe installation place for my husband. Hopefully that will turn into something, too!
See! Outstanding! Awesome! That's great! Stay positive as you have been, and things will work out! You will be buying me beer very soon! I can taste it!

Oh, and RMD - great post! Very balanced - fair perspective, and yet postitive. "Good things happen if you let them, but if you do nothing, then nothing will happen." - BH There I go again. I should write a book.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM

BH! I will buy you a beer and three for me! LOL! I can't wait to have my first beer in Florida! I have never had a beer on the beach before! I have been on lots of beaches but never drank on one! LOL! I can't wait for the phone interviews! It's awesome to finally get something positive going on! We are finishing up the mulch here today, putting in new window treatments today and early next week we will have the new carpet installed in the bedrooms. The carpet is already paid for and the guys will lay it next week! Then....the house will have a For Sale sign in the front and back yard. One advantage our house has over others in the neighborhood is the back yard faces a beautiful horse farm. The horse farm house is beautiful, very well groomed and the horses in the pasture are awesome! But don't get me wrong, it's not so pretty that I can't leave! LOL! Keep the good comments coming! Ya'll are so helpful....My next step is finding the best area in Sarasota to live. I have looked in New Port and found awesome rental houses for great deals. Does anyone know how the schools are in North Port? Or, does anyone suggest the best place to live in Sarasota? Just remember, we are in our 30's and have an 11 year-old son! We like being outside a lot and like going to pubs. Our son is involved in travel soccer, basketball and loves to skateboard!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,510 times
I lost my breath when I read this line...
Quote:
Here in Indiana I have put in over 500 resumes
....there's that many positions in IN open for you to apply to? I haven't even found enough truly applicable jobs in FL to surpass the number of teeth in my head!! And I still have my wisdom teeth!!!

I'm in the wrong industry for sure. That's a great situation for you CJ

Quote:
We are finishing up the mulch here today, putting in new window treatments today and early next week we will have the new carpet installed in the bedrooms. The carpet is already paid for and the guys will lay it next week! Then....the house will have a For Sale sign...
I did a lot of similar things and dropped my price to the lowest in a 10 square mile area and.... nothing. I wish you the best in your sale given that the job market and pending weather in your area will likely not help you either. I'm in MN by the way. Here's hoping for CJ... and her Mustang

Last edited by ZaraZoteBuccaneer; 09-10-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for me! I also got an email from another company as a senior purchasing agent and hopefully they will contact me for a phone interview.
wait wait wait wait..... wha????

Is this really YeaMon yanking my chain?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
BH! I will buy you a beer and three for me! LOL! I can't wait to have my first beer in Florida! I have never had a beer on the beach before! I have been on lots of beaches but never drank on one! LOL! Careful now, if you do that I might get some ideas. . . . I can't wait for the phone interviews! It's awesome to finally get something positive going on! We are finishing up the mulch here today, putting in new window treatments today and early next week we will have the new carpet installed in the bedrooms. The carpet is already paid for and the guys will lay it next week! Then....the house will have a For Sale sign in the front and back yard. One advantage our house has over others in the neighborhood is the back yard faces a beautiful horse farm. The horse farm house is beautiful, very well groomed and the horses in the pasture are awesome! But don't get me wrong, it's not so pretty that I can't leave! LOL! Keep the good comments coming! I hope your house sells quickly - but this is a tough market everywhere - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Ya'll are so helpful.... "Ya'll" - ya'll are sounding pretty southern already! You'll fit right in don thayre. My next step is finding the best area in Sarasota to live. I have looked in New Port and found awesome rental houses for great deals. With the way things are progressing, you'll be looking to purchase pretty quickly - I'll bet! Does anyone know how the schools are in North Port? Schools in NP are good, because you're in Sarasota County, and you can put your son in Pine View (gotta get on having him tested) Or, does anyone suggest the best place to live in Sarasota? (Best housing deals are in NP, but you have to drive to a beach - there are numerous around within 30 minutes including Siesta Key (which is close to Sarasota). Just remember, we are in our 30's and have an 11 year-old son! We like being outside a lot and like going to pubs. Sweet, I'll buy him a coke. Our son is involved in travel soccer, basketball and loves to skateboard! Soon he'll be into fishing, and hitting the beach with his friends too. They have a lot of different leagues for him to be involved in. Pineview is huge, so he's gotta be pretty good I imagine if he's going to make any of the teams. I know that Florida is a great baseball and football state!
The beer thing sounds like a challange! You know I can get pretty competative! I hope your husband can keep up with us!

Hey Buck! You're letting this woman beat you out on all the good jobs! - Just teasing! Better hurry up and get down there! You have my fingers aching too!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
wait wait wait wait..... wha????

Is this really YeaMon yanking my chain?
Yeamon's last post was 8/30, cjohnson's first post was 9/2...

Old 09-10-2009, 10:38 AM

ZaraZote! Thanks for the good luck! I need it! And, yes, I have applied for that many jobs here in Indiana. They haven't all been accounting jobs, though! I have applied for so many different types of jobs because the market is terrible and anything is better than nothing! Now, in Florida, I have had much better luck and more jobs that fit my background and degree!

BH! My hubby definitely can keep up and surpass us! LOL! He is a beer drinker, especially LandShark with a lime! As far as our house goes, the market around here is actually up! People are buying homes because of the $8000 tax credit! The buyers have to have the contract signed by November 30th so everyone is getting in the mood to buy. My neigborhood is selling quick! I just got a comp report about a week ago and the houses are selling in less than 30 days. The average time for the house to be on the market is 22 days. Most of them are getting asking price for them too which is sweet for me! I can't wait!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Yeamon's last post was 8/30, cjohnson's first post was 9/2...
THAT!!!! Would be funny! ! !
It would definitely take a few beers to make up for that one!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey Buck! You're letting this woman beat you out on all the good jobs!
I know! What gives!! If she lands a Purchasing job, I'll be interested in knowing which one because we've been applying side by side.

Quote:
ZaraZote! Thanks for the good luck! I need it! And, yes, I have applied for that many jobs here in Indiana. They haven't all been accounting jobs, though! I have applied for so many different types of jobs because the market is terrible and anything is better than nothing! Now, in Florida, I have had much better luck and more jobs that fit my background and degree!
You must have one heck of a resume but I'm waiting to see that first post after an actual meet-up with BH or the others to know for sure what you end up doing... and who you are! Anyway, good luck and congrats on the rate of responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area