Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:37 PM

27 posts, read 64,790 times

Advertisements

We did weeks worth of research, read the forum daily and then got our chance to visit Sarasota the last 10 days of October.

Paradise...the beaches, from Siesta Key to Venice.
The Sunsets...I cant imagine any better anywhere.
The Weather... Warm and Hot...Perfect. Eating all meals outside.
Kayaking...Great fun, good workout and saw fabulous birds.
Fresh Fish...Everyday.
Clean...Good Job! Sarasota and the beaches are very clean.
Friendly...Everyone we asked questions to responded with kindness. We made new friends.
Trees...The Oaks, The Banyans...beautiful.
Art, Music, Foreign Languages, Great sports cars, Beautiful Boats, Whats not to love?
The job market for us as RN's looks very good.
Our Asheville house will be for sale next week and we are moving to Sarasota as soon as it sells. Send positive energy!
A big THANK YOU to SO FLA GAL for all your help! and to all you forum folks for educating us newbies and SW Fla wannabees.
gringosid and emilia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,818,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringosid View Post
We did weeks worth of research, read the forum daily and then got our chance to visit Sarasota the last 10 days of October.

Fresh Fish...Everyday.
Friendly...Everyone we asked questions to responded with kindness. We made new friends.
Art, Music, Foreign Languages, Great sports cars, Beautiful Boats, Whats not to love?
Our Asheville house will be for sale next week and we are moving to Sarasota as soon as it sells. Send positive energy!
A big THANK YOU to SO FLA GAL for all your help! and to all you forum folks for educating us newbies and SW Fla wannabees.
gringosid and emilia
Wow! You really filled your days with lots of stuff. Glad you were able to experience Sarasota and I'm glad I could show you around. Love to see you again when you're in town and good luck with the sale of your home.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 11-02-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 PM

17,453 posts, read 38,833,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringosid View Post

Fresh Fish...Everyday.
gringosid and emilia
I'm so glad you had such a fulfilling experience - I felt certain you would love it! Good luck on the quick sale of your Asheville home!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,240,460 times
Your are a perfect example of how people need to spend time in the areas of Florida on their list before making the final decision.

And of course listening to the people like SoFlaGal and Gypsychic who always give you the information you need to help you make a good decision.

Congrats on your move to a beautiful area.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:04 PM

204 posts, read 598,594 times
If I didn't already live here, I'd consider it just from your first post

GL selling in Asheville!

HHH

Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,017,740 times
Gringosid,
This board has always been very helpful to many of the people that are trying to move here! I was helped out a lot when I first began my study of the area.
You going to be happy with the area. The crowds are really beginning to build here now. I'm glad some of the businesses were able make it through the summer draught of having many customers and clientele leave for the season.
I fell in love with the Sarasota / Siesta Key area, it is what made me look at the area with more interest and commitment to come here.
It was really nice of SoFLGal to show you around. Especially since she knows so much about the area. I remember talking to you about some of the Kayaking. So how did you like that!!!??? I am thinking of loading mine up today and cruising around some of the back water areas. :-)

Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM

27 posts, read 64,790 times
The Kayak tour was from Siesta Key and their tour guide "Frank" was very good. We had a choice of tours but the one that made the most sense was the Lido Key mangroves. We paddled around the bay and through some mangrove tunnels. We had these great duck like birds, (cant remember their names) follow us the whole trip, flying, swimming under our boats and along side of us. We saw Manatees and lots of great mansions. On our next trip we will do the Mayaka State Park tour, (if we dont have our own kayaks by then. My wife is already shopping for one online).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area