Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM

917 posts, read 2,604,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlug View Post
Always carry jumper cables, a brush/scraper, blankets/warm jacket, boots, and even a candle or something in case we break down.
After an incident involving ice on top of hardpacked snow on a lonely stretch of Ontario road, that left me hanging upside down by my seat-belt in the ditch, I wised up and started keeping "winter survival gear" in my vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM

4,892 posts, read 14,087,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Suck it up everyone. It's just a little cold air. The citrus farmers have more to worry about than anyone else.

Winterizing a car? Ha! By the time you head out to do anything to your vehicle at all, it will have warmed up. It's Florida people! I basically suggest to check the air in your tires and go. All I even ever do up north is wash the salt off on a nice sunny 40 degree day and keep a scraper handy. You shouldn't need to do either of those. Charging batteries, checking antifreeze and even changing to lighter-weight engine oil is all ridiculous to consider down there.

Quit yer whining and enjoy it. It's not every day you get to see frost.
Sucking it up this morning as I left the house and it was 27 degrees...we live in Florida, not the midwest.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 AM

508 posts, read 1,103,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Sucking it up this morning as I left the house and it was 27 degrees...we live in Florida, not the midwest.
It's good for you!!!

No really - I do feel your pain and would be whining too

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,087,480 times
Everyone will feel the pain when prices go up due to what this cold spell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area