U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 8,496 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of building in Hi Hat at the Forest which is just west of 75 on Clark. Houses are being built on 3+ acres in this rural area. I'd like opinios on this area. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 01:58 PM

7,484 posts, read 18,291,858 times
I think The Forest at Hi Hat Ranch is a beautiful area. At one time Hi-Hat actually included about 30,000 acres and much of it belonged to the Turner family. Much of the Ranch remains in it's natural state and part of it borders Myakka River State Park.

Who are you building with Lee wetherington, John Cannon, Arthur Rutenberg or Pete McNabb? All of them have very good reputations in town.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM

1,235 posts, read 2,939,520 times
Wow, I just registered here to see if anyone had any info on The Forest at Hi Hat Ranch. We moved to Casey Key last year from Indiana & I'm already dying to move. I was out on Clark Rd. the other day for my son's school & I drove by The Forest- I took a chance & drove into the neighborhood. I didn't expect it would be so absolutely gorgeous back in there. Even when all 50 something homes are built, it will still offer alot of privacy. I came home & told my husband all about it- I'm taking him back out there to drive around this weekend. Personally, I liked the Rutenberg home the best. It was the most modern & creative of them all in my opinion, but I guess it's just what your taste is.

I love that it's no frills- I don't want golf or a clubhouse. I just want quiet 'country' living with privacy, room for my kids to play but close to ammenties. The Forest definitely fits the bill! It's so much like back home in Indiana, I drive out that way & my blood pressure drops about 10 points! Since moving to the Key, I've been anything but relaxed-

Old 08-01-2008, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,818 times
what is the band that played at the party before, i was there but only caught the end of their set, and really liked them

Old 08-04-2008, 10:19 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,735,462 times
Sarasota is a very wonderful city. IMO, it's the best city on the Suncoast. It has something for everyone, crime isn't that bad, and it's very artsy.

TIP: Stay between Fruitville Rd. down. From University to Fruitville is "Newtown", basically a smaller Bradenton. Be careful of Newtown.

Good Luck!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 6,517,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
I think the pizza is one of the things I am going to miss the most about NJ. There must be someone there who can make a good old NJ pie? Surely someone moved there from NJ or NY and opened a pizza place. I will keep my fingers crossed.

A customer of mine sent us a box of 5 medium size pizza's from Rocco's in Brooklyn. As hard to believe as it may be, they are wonderful pizza's, ultra thin really good dough,crust, top quality cheese, A+ sauce. From a delivery company I think called New York First.

We have a bunch of them in our freezer now and all I can tell you is this is a great find!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 PM

7,136 posts, read 9,978,702 times
Smile Please get back ontopic.

Dear Sarasota Posters,
This thread has been reported for being off topic and it is. Please get back on topic so people won't get upset. Thank you so much! Sunnydee

Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM

182 posts, read 723,735 times
The Sarasota/Bradenton area is a wonderful place to live. It's the best of Paradise!
There are museums, the art districts, beaches of course, Restaurants of all types and shopping, shopping shopping galore!!
I like shopping

There are so many things to do and see and don't forget about St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa to our north and Venice, North Port and Englewood to our south.

Living in the Sarasota/Bradenton area is a lot like heaven on earth.
Both places have their share of crime. All we can say is watch where you go and be careful.
I'm sure there is crime where you're coming from so you know what to watch out for.
I have a friend who lives in the Clark Rd. area.
He and his family love it!!
Take care and enjoy your new Paradise. We like to share it

Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,619 times
if you people seriously think living in Sarasota it that bad; try living in Rhode Island! or Boston. where all the people are rude and miserable, the weather is just as miserable, you have to pay to get on the beaches because they have walls surrounding them, just to name a few awful things. Sarasota has been pure paradise in comparision to me for the past 6 years

Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 AM

879 posts, read 1,547,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
A customer of mine sent us a box of 5 medium size pizza's from Rocco's in Brooklyn. As hard to believe as it may be, they are wonderful pizza's, ultra thin really good dough,crust, top quality cheese, A+ sauce. From a delivery company I think called New York First.

We have a bunch of them in our freezer now and all I can tell you is this is a great find!
Why this: "As hard to believe as it may be, they are wonderful pizza's" It's pizza from a good pizza place delivered overnight, why would that not be wonderful? and for 60 bux it's a decent deal. Little pricey for 12" pies but probably worth it. They ship calzones next day too.

NewYorkFirst.com: Rocco's Brooklyn Pizza (http://www.newyorkfirst.com/store/display.cgi?cart_id=&product=163&floor=9 - broken link)

If there is a NY transplants meet-up group this may be the way to cater them!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area