U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, FL
182 posts, read 723,047 times
Reputation: 67

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post

That's exactly right. Young kids are painting over graffiti in Bradenton.
I just saw it on the news. That's wonderful that the paint was donated and these kids are taking a stand to clear it up (for now).

It surprises me that you personally have seen this graffiti many times and I think you said you live in Sarasota?
I live in Bradenton and travel the Bradenton Roads every day and I have never seen it.

I am not saying it's not there. I saw it on the news being painted over but I have no idea where it is.

I'm going to make this part of my statement perfectly clear.

I know where several of those neighborhoods are but I have never been in them myself. I don't know anyone there and I am not a door to door sales person so why would I go there?

Moderator cut: comment

I am not insinuating anything. Just making a point that I don't have reason to drive through those neighborhoods so that must be the reason I haven't seen any graffiti.

Believe me, since I first joined city-data and read about all the graffiti that is plastered alll over Bradenton, I've gone out of my way to find it.

Again, I want to clarify I am not prejudice in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-06-2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: See my DM

 
Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
 
25,449 posts, read 9,732,444 times
Reputation: 25234
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
That's exactly right. Young kids are painting over graffiti in Bradenton.
I just saw it on the news. That's wonderful that the paint was donated and these kids are taking a stand to clear it up (for now).

It surprises me that you personally have seen this graffiti many times and I think you said you live in Sarasota?
I live in Bradenton and travel the Bradenton Roads every day and I have never seen it.

I am not saying it's not there. I saw it on the news being painted over but I have no idea where it is.

I'm going to make this part of my statement perfectly clear.
I am not by any means of the word prejudice but what I saw on t.v. were all black kids and to me that means they live in a black neighborhood.

I know where several of those neighborhoods are but I have never been in them myself. I don't know anyone there and I am not a door to door sales person so why would I go there?

Moderator cut: comment

I am not insinuating anything. Just making a point that I don't have reason to drive through those neighborhoods so that must be the reason I haven't seen any graffiti.

Believe me, since I first joined city-data and read about all the graffiti that is plastered alll over Bradenton, I've gone out of my way to find it.

Again, I want to clarify I am not prejudice in any way, shape or form.
Yes, I've seen it many times, I'm glad that they are doing something about it.

Lilaclady, I live in West Bradenton. I have lived in West Bradenton since 1997, almost 11 years.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-06-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: edited quote to match edited post
 
Old 08-07-2008, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, FL
182 posts, read 723,047 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Yes, I've seen it many times, I'm glad that they are doing something about it.

Lilaclady, I live in West Bradenton. I have lived in West Bradenton since 1997, almost 11 years.
I thought you said before that you live in Sarasota, maybe it was someone else, my mistake.
Regardless, I am all over Bradenton, especially on the weekends and I have never seen any graffiti.
That's not to say it isn't there (it's not now, it's been painted over)

Heck, I may have seen you!!

I'm thinking you must live in a bad part of Bradenton. All cities have those sections.
 
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
 
25,449 posts, read 9,732,444 times
Reputation: 25234
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
I thought you said before that you live in Sarasota, maybe it was someone else, my mistake.
Regardless, I am all over Bradenton, especially on the weekends and I have never seen any graffiti.
That's not to say it isn't there (it's not now, it's been painted over)

Heck, I may have seen you!!

I'm thinking you must live in a bad part of Bradenton. All cities have those sections.
No, I live in what is suppose to be "the good part of Bradenton". But even this area is seeing more than it's fair share of crime lately. More than I've seen in the past 10 years.
 
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
 
Location: downtown Sarasota
4,542 posts, read 11,394,845 times
Reputation: 1865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
No, I live in what is suppose to be "the good part of Bradenton". But even this area is seeing more than it's fair share of crime lately. More than I've seen in the past 10 years.
I saw this one coming when I read the above post...lol

I think you stated previously that you live in West Bradenton, an area known to us locals as west of 59th Street on the East end, north of Cortez Rd, but west of 75th st., including Palma Sola as well as a few streets north of Manatee between 59th and Palma Sola...north of that you get into "northwest" Bradenton...

Anyhow, crime has increased in W. Bradenton and it is not considered a "bad part" of Bradenton.

Depending on local, you'll either get MCSO or BPD if you make a police emergency call....I'll take MCSO anyday over BPD...but if you don't want to get possibly baker acted or a family member who's mentally distraught, killed (i.e. what happend this week when a mom called on her son who was waving a four inch blade...not tasered, but shot down, what a lawsuit for Mark Lipinski, if he happens to take that case....)...sometimes if you want to stay in your home with out the two above things happening, don't call the 5-O.

I'm being funny but not, in a dark way. Most of Bradenton plus AMI is falling into a rather "weird" zone due to unemployment, crime & drugs. Just my opinion.....
 
Old 08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Palm Island and North Port
7,484 posts, read 18,285,903 times
Reputation: 2737
If you and SunCoast live in the same neighborhood maybe you two could form a Neighborhood Watch Then you could report back on what you both find and we could settle this dispute once in for all. Since lilaclady likes to take pictures she might be able to take pictures of your findings or lack of findings.

I thought I wasn't going to need to cook up anymore popcorn but it keeps on going. For crying out loud, can't we all just get along!?!?

Hmmm....
Mod Deleted

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-07-2008 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: orphaned, report post
 
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
 
5,969 posts, read 6,772,277 times
Reputation: 1614
In my opinion the problem with this thread is that people continue to get off topic. The OP started this thread to discuss crime in "Bradenton", not any other city. So if you are not here to discuss crime in Bradenton then you should not be posting. I think Ladywithafan did a great thing by starting this thread, if I were moving to Bradenton I would want to know what crime was like in Bradenton. Sometimes a city may appear safe but in actuality it is infested with crime (as is the case with Bradenton). And the insight that the posters of this thread give is highly valuable. I hope this thread is not closed and that readers continue to benefit from the wealth of information that is supplied here. And for the record, crime, grafitti, gangs are everywhere in Bradenton not just in "Black" neighborhoods, like some posters have suggested. Crime has no race or gender, a criminal can be anyone and crime can be in any part of the city.
 
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,702 posts, read 21,185,241 times
Reputation: 2947
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
In my opinion the problem with this thread is that people continue to get off topic. The OP started this thread to discuss crime in "Bradenton", not any other city. So if you are not here to discuss crime in Bradenton then you should not be posting. I think Ladywithafan did a great thing by starting this thread, if I were moving to Bradenton I would want to know what crime was like in Bradenton. Sometimes a city may appear safe but in actuality it is infested with crime (as is the case with Bradenton). And the insight that the posters of this thread give is highly valuable. I hope this thread is not closed and that readers continue to benefit from the wealth of information that is supplied here. And for the record, crime, grafitti, gangs are everywhere in Bradenton not just in "Black" neighborhoods, like some posters have suggested. Crime has no race or gender, a criminal can be anyone and crime can be in any part of the city.

You are absolutely correct, the thread will remain open. As members you can report post that are off-topic and we will take care of this.

Our rules: Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Any question sent DM.
 
Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: downtown Sarasota
4,542 posts, read 11,394,845 times
Reputation: 1865
Right on!
 
Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 AM
 
6 posts, read 2,681 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
In my opinion the problem with this thread is that people continue to get off topic. The OP started this thread to discuss crime in "Bradenton", not any other city. So if you are not here to discuss crime in Bradenton then you should not be posting. I think Ladywithafan did a great thing by starting this thread, if I were moving to Bradenton I would want to know what crime was like in Bradenton. Sometimes a city may appear safe but in actuality it is infested with crime (as is the case with Bradenton). And the insight that the posters of this thread give is highly valuable. I hope this thread is not closed and that readers continue to benefit from the wealth of information that is supplied here. And for the record, crime, grafitti, gangs are everywhere in Bradenton not just in "Black" neighborhoods, like some posters have suggested. Crime has no race or gender, a criminal can be anyone and crime can be in any part of the city.
I think by what I read was the person was saying what was on the news painting over the graffiti was all black kids leading anyone to believe it was a black neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top