U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,070 times
Thumbs up Best Pizza In Venice, Florida

We are from north Jersey...also 100% italian...we know good pizza. It was difficult to find anything that resembled pizza in Florida. We found real pizza right here in Venice, Florida. Vinnies' Pizzeria on Venice Avenue without a doubt has the best pizza in Venice. Crispy thin crust pizza with all natural ingredients. The Papa family had a great time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-08-2010, 06:35 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,294,484 times
Throwing out there.... Mama Maria's has the best pizza in Venice. They are in the same plaza as the Franks movie theatre on 41.
Though I can't find anywhere that makes a decent Chicago pizza....

Unread 01-08-2010, 08:30 PM

13,845 posts, read 24,016,189 times
my daughter lives in Nokomis, moved from Venice in May
she orders her pizza now from Frankie's in a little strip center on Tamiami in Osprey
index
it was great the two times I have eaten it--fresh, thin crust but with nice chewy edge...cheese that was real and did not leave a soapy taste in your mouth
and it was still HOT when they delivered it...
some people ordered other things--like hot subs--and they liked them--but I though pizza was great...
my friend who was born in Brooklyn and lived in Chicago before moving to DFW area came down with me one of those trips and she thought the pizza was great as well...
google it and check out the reviews on Google maps...

Unread 01-09-2010, 07:14 AM

6,383 posts, read 11,015,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
my daughter lives in Nokomis, moved from Venice in May
she orders her pizza now from Frankie's in a little strip center on Tamiami in Osprey
index
it was great the two times I have eaten it--fresh, thin crust but with nice chewy edge...cheese that was real and did not leave a soapy taste in your mouth
and it was still HOT when they delivered it...
some people ordered other things--like hot subs--and they liked them--but I though pizza was great...
my friend who was born in Brooklyn and lived in Chicago before moving to DFW area came down with me one of those trips and she thought the pizza was great as well...
google it and check out the reviews on Google maps...
I agree, Frankie's is probably one of the best pizzas around. Often times I'll pick the kids up and bring them there after school since it's practically right across the street. They like the white pizza.

Unread 01-09-2010, 10:35 AM

204 posts, read 284,611 times
Ah great. Now I'm going to be thinking about pizza all day.
(Thanks for the tip, didn't know there was a good pizza joint nearby)

Unread 01-09-2010, 11:08 AM

385 posts, read 636,882 times
I agree, Frankie's is pretty good. We were extremely disappointed in Scamotz on Venice Island when we had it. Maybe it was a bad day, but I won't be back.

Unread 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM

13,845 posts, read 24,016,189 times
I too have eaten at Scamotz and thought it was just a wet pie
ate pizza Friday night here in DFW area at our usual local Italian restraunt run by Albanian family--and compared it with Frankie's--they are both great--so consider myself lucky to have consistently good pizza just 10 min away both locations

Unread 01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,851,141 times
I have heard of Frankies from a few clients that live in Sarasota, they travel down to eat at Frankies a few times a month. I have not had a chance to go there, maybe it will be our next stop. Have never heard of the place the OP mentioned, I'll have to check it out as well. Mama Maria's is the best I have had so far. We use to get it from Luna pizza in the plaza on 41 in the Publix strip mall. Then we ordered one night, got home and there was a clump of hair on the pizza the size you might find after cleaning out a brush . needless to say we have never been to Luna again, they lost our business for good after that !

Unread 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM

351 posts, read 744,059 times
We do Mama marias - owners are from Boston area like us. The subs are like back home too.

Found a nice place in Dearborn St. Englewood called Bobarinos.

Unread 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM

63 posts, read 21,931 times
I grew up in Pittsburgh and now live in DC and I own a place in Venice. I agree that Vinnie's on Venice Avenue has good pizza and I recommend it. My sister and her family thought it was among the best they've had.

I'm surprised, however, by the posters who said they didn't like Scamotz -- the place behind the Venice Theater. I went there about two months ago and had a fantastic pizza and an amazing "summer salad" with fruit, nuts, etc. On top of the good food, I had a very personal and interesting discussion with the owner, who turned out to be a die-hard Republican. Being that I'm a die-hard Democrat, we had a very lively and enjoyable debate... the way Americans should -- with passion but respect. Rather than throwing me out for disagreeing vehemently with his politics, he gave me a free salad and had his waitress toast marshmallows for me on the outdoor heat lamps. She rolled them in chocolate and he gave them to me as a complimentary dessert. I was also impressed with how much love the guy shows towards his staff and how he'll toss your butt out of his restaurant if he thinks you're mistreating them. My point is that I found the food to be extremely good... and the proprieter himself (despite his political views LOL) to be just the kind of business owner you want in your neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area