Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

109 posts, read 330,860 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Seems like moving to Sarasota is closer than ever for us. Next week my husband and I are going to search the town for ourselves and get familiar with the place. Before we get there, we'd greatly appreciate any advice on places we shouldn't miss land of any upcoming event for the weekend of January 22, 2010. Like always, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM

385 posts, read 1,158,828 times
As far as events looks like it may be a quiet weekend aside from this:

The Sarasota Wine and Food Festival
is the must-attend wine event of the Sarasota social calendar.
Swaying palms, tropical breezes and illustrious store fronts set the scene for the
Sarasota Wine and Food Festival on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

Local restaurants will showcase their finest cuisine along with select vintages from Premier Beverage Company giving event goers a chance to pleasure their palettes with perfect culinary and wine parings. Music will fill the air as everyone enjoys one of the most beautiful beach and city destinations in the world.
When: Saturday, January 23, 2010
5:30 p.m. -7 p.m. VIP Reception (includes Street Festival)
7 p.m. -9:30 p.m. Street Festival
Where: Southside Village
Hillview Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Music by

VIP reception $85 (ticket includes street festival)
Street Festival $50

Purchase tickets here -or- at Morton's Gourmet Market

Ticket prices are all-inclusive of tastings of over 40 varieties of wine and samplings from participating local restaurants.

I believe there is an arts and crafts festival on Venice Island on the 23rd as well. Have fun, I hope it warms up for you!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:04 AM

109 posts, read 330,860 times
Thank you so much angelfish. That is very detailed info and very interesting as we enjoy that kind of events so much. You've been very helpful. Any other suggestions, anyone? Keep 'em coming.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
As far as events looks like it may be a quiet weekend aside from this:

The Sarasota Wine and Food Festival
is the must-attend wine event of the Sarasota social calendar.
Swaying palms, tropical breezes and illustrious store fronts set the scene for the
Sarasota Wine and Food Festival on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

Local restaurants will showcase their finest cuisine along with select vintages from Premier Beverage Company giving event goers a chance to pleasure their palettes with perfect culinary and wine parings. Music will fill the air as everyone enjoys one of the most beautiful beach and city destinations in the world.
When: Saturday, January 23, 2010
5:30 p.m. -7 p.m. VIP Reception (includes Street Festival)
7 p.m. -9:30 p.m. Street Festival
Where: Southside Village
Hillview Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Music by

VIP reception $85 (ticket includes street festival)
Street Festival $50

Purchase tickets here -or- at Morton's Gourmet Market

Ticket prices are all-inclusive of tastings of over 40 varieties of wine and samplings from participating local restaurants.

I believe there is an arts and crafts festival on Venice Island on the 23rd as well. Have fun, I hope it warms up for you!
Right around the corner from me (Hillview)!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area