Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times

Advertisements

Sarasota county is a great place to raise kids in my opinion. I live in North Port and have three kids. There's always something for them to do-going to the beaches, playing outside with their friends, etc The Sarasota county school system is one of the best in the state. Then there's Pine View which was the highest rated school in the state of Florida and one of the top in the Nation. You could easily find a home in NP for that amount of rent. You might be able to find something in Sarasota but it would probably be older. I would look in Palmer Ranch or in Southside by the downtown area.

Try www.MyFloridaHomesMLS.com or stringermanagement.com for rentals. The prices might be higher right now since it's snowbird season.

I'm not going to go into detail about jobs since it was already mentioned to you. Good luck with your search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM

11 posts, read 27,356 times
Talking Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Sarasota county is a great place to raise kids in my opinion. I live in North Port and have three kids. There's always something for them to do-going to the beaches, playing outside with their friends, etc The Sarasota county school system is one of the best in the state. Then there's Pine View which was the highest rated school in the state of Florida and one of the top in the Nation. You could easily find a home in NP for that amount of rent. You might be able to find something in Sarasota but it would probably be older. I would look in Palmer Ranch or in Southside by the downtown area.

Try www.MyFloridaHomesMLS.com or stringermanagement.com for rentals. The prices might be higher right now since it's snowbird season.

I'm not going to go into detail about jobs since it was already mentioned to you. Good luck with your search

Ahhh, What a relief! You answered what I was looking for - perfectly. lol
My husband will be searching that area for Jobs. And I have been looking
at the sites you mentioned - Love it.
That is exactly what I was looking for.. So Thank you!
If you have any other information you want to share let me know, please
anything helps!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodallFamily View Post
Ahhh, What a relief! You answered what I was looking for - perfectly. lol
My husband will be searching that area for Jobs. And I have been looking
at the sites you mentioned - Love it.
That is exactly what I was looking for.. So Thank you!
If you have any other information you want to share let me know, please
anything helps!

I don't do rentals but I can get you going in the right direction.

You might want to look through some of my blogs. I have written extensively about areas, schools, things to do, what's bad about Florida, rentals and a number of other things. Specifically look at the ones titled Palmer Ranch and the other called downtown Sarasota or something like that. It gives the specific neighborhoods to search in both areas. Neither come up in the MLS under Palmer or Southside, you have to search the specific neighborhoods.

You'll probably find something of interest if you read through them.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
I can't give out anything specific, you know we have that creepy, stalker thing going on. That isn't directed at you or anyone here really, I'm joking with that, but I don't believe in putting out much information about yourself on the net.

But on a general basis for the answer, I do live in Maryland. If the poster wants some very specific recommendations about where to look in Maryland, they can respond that they would like the advice and I'll post the info. If you send your kids to the right public schools in this state, they're prepared to go places in life.
I understand your concern, which is wise when-ever your on the internet. I live in the Timonium area, but also lived in here in Florida. I have lived all over the place in Maryland, and as a builder and having worked for some for the larges builders in the area, I worked all over the area up there - in all 5 of the surrounding states including DC.

My kids went through blue ribbon public schools throughout thier youth. I always explained to them that I would extract them from their school / friends / peer groups, whatever was necessary, if they didn't work hard to get good grades. It was their choice, but subject to review of their choices by me - they knew I was serious, and followed up. One has graduated from college (Towson), and the other is half way through her second year at Susquehanna. I was prepared to put them in private schools, there are many good ones in MD, as I'm sure you know, but they did very well. Getting a good education, is more the responsibility and desire of the student to do so, as it is the school/professors the student goes. I just saw that Maryland public schools was judged the best in the country. That, is subjective though, as not all schools or school systems are that great, but many are - and an interested/involved parent can influence those choices.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 AM

11 posts, read 27,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I don't do rentals but I can get you going in the right direction.

You might want to look through some of my blogs. I have written extensively about areas, schools, things to do, what's bad about Florida, rentals and a number of other things. Specifically look at the ones titled Palmer Ranch and the other called downtown Sarasota or something like that. It gives the specific neighborhoods to search in both areas. Neither come up in the MLS under Palmer or Southside, you have to search the specific neighborhoods.

You'll probably find something of interest if you read through them.

Thanks, will do

Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM

513 posts, read 1,223,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I understand your concern, which is wise when-ever your on the internet. I live in the Timonium area, but also lived in here in Florida. I have lived all over the place in Maryland, and as a builder and having worked for some for the larges builders in the area, I worked all over the area up there - in all 5 of the surrounding states including DC.

My kids went through blue ribbon public schools throughout thier youth. I always explained to them that I would extract them from their school / friends / peer groups, whatever was necessary, if they didn't work hard to get good grades. It was their choice, but subject to review of their choices by me - they knew I was serious, and followed up. One has graduated from college (Towson), and the other is half way through her second year at Susquehanna. I was prepared to put them in private schools, there are many good ones in MD, as I'm sure you know, but they did very well. Getting a good education, is more the responsibility and desire of the student to do so, as it is the school/professors the student goes. I just saw that Maryland public schools was judged the best in the country. That, is subjective though, as not all schools or school systems are that great, but many are - and an interested/involved parent can influence those choices.
Kudos to you for being a responsible, concerned parent and raising great kids.

Speak of the devil, I opened up the news and they were talking about the article you mentioned on Maryland schools.

Education magazine ranks Md. No. 1 - baltimoresun.com

I'm sure people that read this are curious how Florida faired, so I looked it up.

Education Week report: Florida ranks eighth nationally - OrlandoSentinel.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area