U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:29 AM

265 posts, read 580,534 times

Advertisements

I need your opinion!!!
Which hospital in the Bradenton-Sarasota area is better and why?
Better doctors, better staff, better equipment and better at billing.
If you need specifics; how about the cardiology department?
The hospitals I hope you'll compare are:
Manatee Memorial
Blakes Hospital
Lakewood Ranch; (a division of Manatee Memorial )
And Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Now, I heard rumour that the Sarasota Hospital is top notch for heart patients. If you know one way or the other and can tell about your experiences; that would be super!!!
Many thanks for honest opinions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM

3 posts, read 13,406 times
I've never been to any of those hospitals, but when I'm looking for info on who's the best at what I look up the US News rankings. You can check out hospitals or specialties on their website.

USNews.com: Best Hospitals 2006

Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM

8,191 posts, read 26,332,657 times
Sarasota Memorial is a nightmare to get in/out of due to its location. Many top doctors work with the facility.

Manatee Memorial I would avoid if I could. Not very clean, and the emergency room staff leaves a lot to be desired. Also, not very helpful with information when you are an in-patient.

Blake will not let you walk in the door without insurance, but is otherwise a decent place.

I have never set foot in the Lakewood Ranch facility, and in fact did not know there was even one out there.

Missing from your list is Doctor's Hospital in Sarasota. If I had to pick a hospital it would be that one.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:03 AM

4,545 posts, read 11,487,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Sarasota Memorial is a nightmare to get in/out of due to its location. Many top doctors work with the facility.

Manatee Memorial I would avoid if I could. Not very clean, and the emergency room staff leaves a lot to be desired. Also, not very helpful with information when you are an in-patient.

Blake will not let you walk in the door without insurance, but is otherwise a decent place.

I have never set foot in the Lakewood Ranch facility, and in fact did not know there was even one out there.

Missing from your list is Doctor's Hospital in Sarasota. If I had to pick a hospital it would be that one.
You are right on. My xhusband used to work at MMH. His Anesthesia group has gone through numerous changes in regards to the insurance system & changing of Bradenton. However, there is a top notch cardiologist who works out of Manatee as well as has priviliges elsewhere...Blake will not let you in w/o insurance...Sarasota Memorial gets you in & out fast, as in using the ER...Manatee, count on four hours...Doctors is supposed to be great....

Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,568 times
Hi, to me the best one is Lakewood Ranch Medical center. The staff, the doctors and the cleaningness of the place is just great. To Manatee i wouldnt go even if they payed me...that is how bad i think it is!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:02 PM

7,484 posts, read 18,436,184 times
I was born in Manatee Memorial as was my oldest daughter but I don't have any experience with their cardiology dept.

My father had a heart transplant at Tampa General about ten years ago and he thought very highly of the Tampa's cardiology dept as well as Sarasota's cardiology dept. Tampa general does the most heart transplants and have been doing it for longer than any other hospital in Florida. He had all of his initial testing done at Sarasota Memorial. The doctors that he sees on a regular basis are all at Sarasota. He now only has to go up to Tampa General twice a year to get checked out.

The only hospital in the area that does anything major with hearts is Sarasota. If you need any work done the other local hospitals would send you to Sarasota. The cardiologist my dad used is Dr. Daniel Cooper-he is very, very good.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:14 PM

1,939 posts, read 5,269,228 times
All our experiences have been with Blake. We've found them to be very clean, friendly and helpful.. I agree with all the negatives on the others. The only other I'd consider would be Sarasota Memorial, and we haven't had the greatest experiences there. I found them to be a bit unfriendly and cold.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM

220 posts, read 945,271 times
LWR or Doctors.

If I lived in Bradenton, I would drive to LWR
or Doctor's. I live off 75 in SRQ so I go Doctors.
If I was in Manatee County I wouldn't use Blake
or MMH, NO WAY!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 AM

393 posts, read 1,524,382 times
Have worked at both Doctor's and Lakewood Ranch. Know folks who work/have worked at most all the area hospitals. Nurses job switch alot in this area. Have been to SMH as a patient. Hubby had heart surgery at SMH. SMH is busy, but felt like we had excellent physicians there. And yes, top notch for cardiac care, and they take their recognition for quality cardiac care seriously. IMO they do have the better docs, qualified nurses and equipment in cardiology for the area. Better billing? Don't know what that means. Don't like any of em.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:53 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,814,717 times
Lightbulb What I Know...

Blake Hospital isn't a bad hospital. I would go there.

I went to Manatee Memorial Hospital in Dec. 2006 for x-rays and it wasn't bad, but beyond that I don't know much about it.

In Sarasota, both Sarasota Memorial and Doctors Hospital are suppost to be very nice! Beyond that, don't know much either.

LWR- I Know NOTHING!

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area