Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:20 PM

960 posts, read 1,687,682 times

Advertisements

Hey SoFLGal,
How come in order to use your Real Estate website, a person must "Register"?

I thought you thought you suggested it was stupid and unbecoming for Realtors to make people "Register" (give their names, phone numbers, etc.) in order to use and access listings?

What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 03:04 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Yeah, I know the website that is connected to this site does make your register. I like the one that is connected to this website better than some of my other ones because I've put more time into it. You can look on that website under "about the Moore Team" and then "family of websites" click on the TwoMoores site and I don't think that one makes you register. I just tried it on the TwoMoores site and it didn't make me register, so you should be good to go on there.

I keep going round and round with the website company about this and they say the most they can do is set it up so you can search for a while and then have to register. For what it's worth, you can log on as George Bush and I don't care. I never contact anyone unless they ask me to.

Yes, you are correct Carbondated, I can't stand it when you have to register. That's about the only thing I don't like about that certain website. Oh, and the fact that I can't get a picture of the weather to appear on the upper right hand side-it only appears as a link. Those are the two things that irritate me about that website.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 07-31-2008 at 03:12 PM..

Old 07-31-2008, 03:32 PM

Thanks for clearing that up SoFLGal. It's a very nicely designed user friendly website, and very helpful since it had all the golfing communities listed. That was why I was disappointed when it prompted me to register. Thanks again.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Thanks for the compliments on the website it took months to put together. Taking all of the pictures of each community was the thing that really took the most time. I still have a few communities in Sarasota left to finish.

Carbondated, are you still leaning toward the Parrish area?

Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM

We are still leaning toward Parrish, but are really looking for something that is "special" wherever it may be. Maybe we are asking for too much in what we want. Golf course (on or nearby) for hubby, nature for me, eco-friendly house, water body nearby etc. etc. There is nothing really wrong with where we live now, except that we have more rentals and we used to know everyone on our cul de sacs. My husband works out of Sarasota, and I work from home...so we have so many areas to choose from now, lol.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:13 AM

128 posts, read 424,219 times
We are also buying our first Florida home in Venice. As soon as we visited Vencie we knew if was right for us. The beaches are fantastic and we love to just go down to the jetty on an evening and just watch the world go by. Everyone we have met so far have been extremely friendly and welcoming. We cant wait to be back in November.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet2007 View Post
We are also buying our first Florida home in Venice. As soon as we visited Vencie we knew if was right for us. The beaches are fantastic and we love to just go down to the jetty on an evening and just watch the world go by. Everyone we have met so far have been extremely friendly and welcoming. We cant wait to be back in November.
Venice is a great place, especially for the retired golfer. However, there are those of us who have been living and visiting Venice for 20+ years, who are looking to move to other areas because it is getting very very crowded. Long time residents noticed long ago that its small town feeling is being eroded away. It is unfortunate that what brings people to a community is its small town charm, and it ends up that it is one of the first things to go. I do hope you enjoy Venice.

Last edited by Carbondated; 08-04-2008 at 07:14 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 PM

9 posts, read 54,459 times
Hello again!
I'm the one who started this thread and guess what? I've deicded to move to Venice and I got down here last night and so far it's looking good. We barely missed the big storm in Venice and all we got so far was some wind and a tiny bit of rain.
It's true, people are super friendly here. I'm renting a little house with my dog and cat in South Venice and the landlady greeted us at the door yesterday which was really nice because we had been driving for 3 days to get down here and it was a warm welcome.
If you like shopping, you'll like Venice! There are tons of shops around.
This morning I went to Venice Beach to see some wave action, but there wasn't any however it was really nice and I think I'll go down to that beach often. The water is really nice and warm!
The temperatures are very pleasant, not too hot at all, but that might be because it's overcast.
So after being here for one day, I can say, so far so good and I can't wait to explore more of Venice.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,993 times
Leontine - welcome to Venice. I know you are going to love it here.
Enjoy the beach, check out the south Venice ferry. It's off of Lemon Bay Dr. The ferry takes you across the intracoastal to a beach on the barrier island. There's a small annual fee but I think they will let you on the ferry to check it out since your new to the area.
Depending where you're staying in south Venice you might be able to bike or walk to the ferry.
Enjoy

Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
make sure you get your dog and cat registered with the city--and put new tags on them with your current address....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area