U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM

7,484 posts, read 19,373,504 times

Advertisements

Holy Smokes! Your pictures are really, really good. You have a great eye.

I do remember a guy that was by me that had a pretty fancy black camera with a nice looking lens. Can't remember the color shirt. I was on the north side of the circle and was wearing purple shorts and a purple tank top. I was with my husband and two of my kids. I'll post some of them and maybe you'll recognize them. I was taking the pics so I don't have any of me. It looks like you were there a bit earlier than I was. We stayed until it started raining.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,361,615 times
Thank you!
I think that was probably me with the camera. I definitely was taking pics from that side of the circle.

Nice captures. I was sometimes sitting with my girlfriend (she also was wearing a purple top) just to the right of the drummers. Fortunately, none of your pics caught either of us :-).

Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,644,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
We tried to go check that drum circle out one night after dinner, and we not only could not find a parking space we couldn't get out of the freakin' parking lot! My husband started really fuming, as he doesn't like crowds as it is, and the constant circling and waiting and waiting and waiting to at least get OUT of there was frustrating. No drum circle is worth that to me. Parking at Siesta is just an utter nightmare, which is why I just never go there anymore.

So this isnt a more peaceful event? Its a jam packed circus??
I considered going to a drum circle there, I wanna socialize more, but damn, this much hassle?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
I considered going to a drum circle there, I wanna socialize more, but damn, this much hassle?
Maybe Gypsy tried going during season. There were a ton of empty parking spaces when I went last night. We parked in the front row.

I think it's a pretty neat thing and plan to go back again. It might be worth going to see if it appeals to you or not.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Well I will say, it looks different from the stereotypical drum circle I thought it was. I never been to one out there believe it or not.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Maybe Gypsy tried going during season. There were a ton of empty parking spaces when I went last night. We parked in the front row.

I think it's a pretty neat thing and plan to go back again. It might be worth going to see if it appeals to you or not.
So on sunday nights they have them?

What other days, Saturday?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
So on sunday nights they have them?

What other days, Saturday?
In Nokomis it's Wednesday and Saturday: Nokomis Drum Circle

Siesta Key is Sunday evenings: Siesta Key Drum Circle Photos, Videos, and Location
Siesta Key Drum Circle | Facebook

Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM

477 posts, read 849,985 times
We must have certainly been there when some of you were there since I have many of the same pictures! lol! We need to wear something in public for fellow CD members to recognize.... No, really...I think it's a good idea!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM

477 posts, read 849,985 times
Coachgns,
Awesome pics! Beautiful to say the least.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 PM

473 posts, read 1,009,287 times
Quote:
We went in march and it was not a jam packed circus full of idiots. It was very cool. There were cops present at the beginning also butr at the same time there were a few drinks being had but nothing that was in any way more than a social gathering.
It is not a hassle and is worth checking out if for no other reason than to be amazed at watching and hearing people banging drums for a couple of hours.

Funny thing to the woman that either coach or soflagal captured was also doing that routine when we were there in March as was the guy who's covered in tats and has the blonde dreadlocks. By the way, that guy can play! And I'm sure being muscle bound helps his arms banging on the drums for 2 and a half hours too!

It may get old if you did it all the time but if you happen to like a walk on the beach at sunset on a Sunday, what the hell. Why wouldn't you check it out? And also in March we did not have a parking problem. It's a big lot right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area