U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM

21 posts, read 43,885 times

Advertisements

I had allergies and asthma growing up in Massachusetts but they were seasonal and I just needed some albuterol once in awhile. I moved to Melbourne for school and my asthma and allergies both got terrible. I woke up gasping for air in the middle of the night sometimes. I wound up being put on 2 allergy pills, 1 asthma pill, inhalers, and allergy shots. I moved to Parrish towards the end of my treatment and the allergy shots have worked. Now I just take OTC meds when I get stuffy. I do get terrible migraines here that I didn't anywhere else though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 AM

4 posts, read 5,822 times
Wink *** possible factors ***

I believe it's from humidity changes. It could also be related to a slight elevation change. It would be a good idea to purchase a weather reader that shows everything from precipitation-forecast. Keep record of the stats of that instrument and when you have a headache- see if a pattern developes with the onset of a certain reading. Good luck!

Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM

27,769 posts, read 45,342,150 times
my daughter moved from DFW TX area bout 5 yrs ago--she at times would get bad migrains at home and suffer frm seasonal allergies to pollen and stuff

she has had a better time for the most part in her area in FL--Venice/Nokomis/Sarasota county--but lately because of all the rain and weather changes she has been complaining about more headaches and sinus trouble
she won't go to allergist -- mainly takes OTC stuff--but does get some bad headaches--can't say they are migrains--she had those when she was younger and they were related to PMS type hormonal surges...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area