Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM

475 posts, read 896,319 times

Advertisements

I would hope it was perfectly obvious to everyone months ago that the man in the White House has no business being there. How many more times will he demonstrate hatefulness and immaturity unimagined by anyone in his position while blaming everyone else for the problems he either encounters or creates. Any that don't see this at this point aren't looking at him honestly or are limited in their news sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM

172 posts, read 470,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
I would hope it was perfectly obvious to everyone months ago that the man in the White House has no business being there. How many more times will he demonstrate hatefulness and immaturity unimagined by anyone in his position while blaming everyone else for the problems he either encounters or creates. Any that don't see this at this point aren't looking at him honestly or are limited in their news sources.

LOL... so you are blaming President Obama for the oil spill? This disaster was not the fault of this president. To place the blame on his shoulders is misguided. However, an honest critique of this administrations policy on offshore drilling should be in the public discourse. I was very upset President Obama needed to pander to the Republicans to get the long overdue environmental bill through congress. I feel that his compromise with the “drill baby drill” republicans was a bad decision. He should have held firm on protecting our environment, but he continues in attempts of bi-partisan support. The one good thing that might come out of this catastrophe is a renewed focus on weaning ourselves off of this finite natural resource and working towards leading the world in renewable energy solutions. I can dream, right?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:43 AM

475 posts, read 896,319 times
I didn't blame him at all. Blaming the President for everything is a liberal M.O.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,127,942 times
BP did donate 16 million dollars to the obama campaign. however to say he caused the oil spill is crazy.

and he is no way bi-partisan. he and those around him have an agenda of destroying the country as we know it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 AM

913 posts, read 2,353,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
I didn't blame him at all. Blaming the President for everything is a liberal M.O.
Alright, politics!

It sure sounded like you were blaming him. Anyway, at least he didn't just flyover the oil spill.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM

913 posts, read 2,353,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
he and those around him have an agenda of destroying the country as we know it.
President's are elected because they have an agenda. A majority of American's believed in his agenda, that is why he is the president. I didn't agree with the last president's agenda and I also thought it destroyed the country. We all have our opinions. The only difference seems to be I state mine as an opinion, you state yours as a fact. They are both just opinions.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,909,231 times
Just read that the governor declared a state of emergency that goes from our state border all the way down to the southern end of Sarasota County.
And just fyi, in addition to Save our Seabirds (SOS), the other local rescue center on standby is the Wildlife Center of Venice for help with affected turtles, etc.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,024,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wasn't meant to be, but an oil spill is going to impact thousands of species.

People that let thier cats roam kill millions of birds annually. Just pointing out how much energy is put into certain events (like oil spills) while we ignore the larger issues causing much more damage.

W_H_A_T!?!?!? Are you contending that cats killing birds (which both species have done since the first day they started to evolve), is a "larger issue" than this huge oil spill?!?! It is threatening many species, not just a few tweety birds.

You need to step away from the cat litter! You know they put "stuff" in there!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:30 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,024,131 times
They are now talking about the gulf stream current. And that is will likely cause the oil to flow all along the shores of Florida, around Key West (probably destroying the coral reefs there), and then along the east coast!

Let's not say the President caused the oil spill. He didn't, but he's been in office for quite a while, and in all that time, he has pressed to continue the agenda to drill for more off-shore oil. I guess he and all the people that get paid to think about how to do it responsibily never thought to ask about what happens if there is an environmental issue / impact? How are we prepared to deal with it?!?!?!? Come-on!!! Really!!?!?!? Isn't that what the whole debate is about? Didn't one person, him or any of his appointed staff even consider what the down side is, and what should be in-place already to deal with it when/if something like this should happen? Really?!? Lets just ignore that completely, and put forth our agenda to drill, and go about it dumbfoundedly? That's not quite responsible for a sitting President of the US. Has this disaster showed he or this administration is really any better. ****This isn't really a political bash Obama / Democrat concern I have here. I would say the exact same thing if McCain or anyone on the Republican side was in office right now. ****

I think they are as individually (party-wise, now I'm not contending that any single person solely is to blame) are as bad at protecting our interests as the Republicans. They are all good at spending money, and wanting a piece of the profits so they can spend it to push thier self-serving causes (which in a small way help thier jurisdiction), but actuallity is very very poor representation of all of our needs and ultimate security. Are they really all that mind-less? Maybe so? :-(

Is this a systemic problem, where this lack of consideration is evident in other areas of our government? What the heck! Don't we have some sort of Department that is supposed to think about our National Security? Uh! Crap! We do - and they're doing a heck of a good job - aren't they?!?! Hiding from this one - I suspect.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

77,755 posts, read 59,900,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
W_H_A_T!?!?!? Are you contending that cats killing birds (which both species have done since the first day they started to evolve), is a "larger issue" than this huge oil spill?!?! It is threatening many species, not just a few tweety birds.

You need to step away from the cat litter! You know they put "stuff" in there!
Nope, that's not what I'm suggesting at all. It was a follow-up post to the last person to get snarky with me by reading a tone into a message that wasn't intended. If you read the chain back...it should make more sense.

My bottom line is that the spill is a huge catastrophe and with finite resources we should consider which efforts yield the largest results.
The cat predation comment is there because the thread has directly mentioned bird rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area