Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:29 AM

209 posts, read 538,463 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find TV station listings for the Sarasota area. I've found Channel 7 (ABC)
Does anyone know what other TV stations there are? I'm having a hard time finding NBC, CBS and Fox.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:02 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,199 times
it sounds like you're using an antenna? that's going to be an issue

Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
I think that 7 is the only station that actually broadcasts from Sarasota. All the rest would be out of Tampa/Clearwater. In fact 7 is a second ABC channel here, since we have a Tampa affiliate as well

The "big 4" for Tampa are:
Fox 13 Tampa Bay news, weather forecast and radar, and sports from FOX 13 - WTVT-TV
NBC 8 Tampa Bay News, Weather, Sports & Traffic from the #1 news station Newschannel 8 WFLA
CBS 10 Tampa Bay Fl News | Connect to 10 News in Tampa, Sarasota, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Florida | WTSP.com 10 Connects | Home
ABC 28 Local News, Weather, Sports | Tampa Bay, Florida | ABC Action News WFTS-TV

Search for Tampa Bay stations, and you'll find the the rest (PBS, etc).

If you are going to use an antenna, (or if you just want a list of local stations) put any Sarasota zip code in this site :The Digital TV Transition: List of Stations Transitioning and you should get a list. Also note (since it's confusing) that Sarasota 7 is actually 40 on antennae.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM

385 posts, read 1,158,828 times
There is SNN, but I don't know what channel it is. I have Verizon Fios and they don't carry SNN.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
I think that 7 is the only station that actually broadcasts from Sarasota. All the rest would be out of Tampa/Clearwater. In fact 7 is a second ABC channel here, since we have a Tampa affiliate as well

The "big 4" for Tampa are:
Fox 13 Tampa Bay news, weather forecast and radar, and sports from FOX 13 - WTVT-TV
NBC 8 Tampa Bay News, Weather, Sports & Traffic from the #1 news station Newschannel 8 WFLA
CBS 10 Tampa Bay Fl News | Connect to 10 News in Tampa, Sarasota, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Florida | WTSP.com 10 Connects | Home
ABC 28 Local News, Weather, Sports | Tampa Bay, Florida | ABC Action News WFTS-TV

Search for Tampa Bay stations, and you'll find the the rest (PBS, etc).

If you are going to use an antenna, (or if you just want a list of local stations) put any Sarasota zip code in this site :The Digital TV Transition: List of Stations Transitioning and you should get a list. Also note (since it's confusing) that Sarasota 7 is actually 40 on antennae.
I was looking online trying to read the local newspapers and watch the local news online. Watching the local TV stations gives a pretty good feel gor an area. So basically, other than channel 7, all the rest of the stations are in Tampa? Is Sarasota a suburb of Tampa? How far is St. Petersburg from Bradenton (I heard that's a nice place - yes? No?) how from Sarasota is st. Petersburg?
Thanks!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:30 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
If you are using an antenna to receive TV signals, the antenna should be pointed N/NE to Riverview. Antenna must be both uhf/vhf. The transmission towers are in that area for almost all local channels. The only channel you will not get is CBS 10. Their transmission is from Tarpon Springs, which is too far and different compass heading. We were able to get that station when it was an analog signal, although 'snowy', but with digital, the signal is either yes or no. [SNN is a comcast transmission and not an antenna signal]

Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
if you are using an antenna to receive tv signals, the antenna should be pointed n/ne to riverview. Antenna must be both uhf/vhf. The transmission towers are in that area for almost all local channels. The only channel you will not get is cbs 10. Their transmission is from tarpon springs, which is too far and different compass heading. We were able to get that station when it was an analog signal, although 'snowy', but with digital, the signal is either yes or no. [snn is a comcast transmission and not an antenna signal]
i'm not using an antenna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's pretend i don't have a tv - jeez.....

Please read!

I'm trying to figure out what where the local tv stations are located!!!

Like if i were a broadcast journalist - where are the tv stations located.
Where would one work at the tv station????????

Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk workz View Post
i think that 7 is the only station that actually broadcasts from sarasota. All the rest would be out of tampa/clearwater. In fact 7 is a second abc channel here, since we have a tampa affiliate as well

the "big 4" for tampa are:
Fox 13 tampa bay news, weather forecast and radar, and sports from fox 13 - wtvt-tv
nbc 8 tampa bay news, weather, sports & traffic from the #1 news station newschannel 8 wfla
cbs 10 tampa bay fl news | connect to 10 news in tampa, sarasota, clearwater, st. Petersburg, florida | wtsp.com 10 connects | home
abc 28 local news, weather, sports | tampa bay, florida | abc action news wfts-tv

search for tampa bay stations, and you'll find the the rest (pbs, etc).

If you are going to use an antenna, (or if you just want a list of local stations) put any sarasota zip code in this site :the digital tv transition: List of stations transitioning and you should get a list. Also note (since it's confusing) that sarasota 7 is actually 40 on antennae.
thank you skunk - *whew*

Old 05-31-2010, 03:36 PM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times
**** Available exclusively on Comcast Cable TV is the only local news channel SNN Channel 6 (which broadcasts news produced for the Sarasota area). SNN local news is produced as a partnership between Comcast Cable and the Herald Tribune. I really enjoy it a lot and it is one of several reasons why I prefer Comcast over Satellite TV. ****

Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,199 times
temper, temper.

Maybe if you had formulated your query in a more specific manner we would have understood what you wanted to achieve, instead of leaving us to guess your needs.

Better luck getting any responses next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area