Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
lawanna at relax and rejuvinate is great go see her. Relax & Rejuvenate - Google Maps
I might do that, or maybe I'll just accost people on the street who have haircuts I like.
July 4th we went to the Savannah theater for that Salute to America concert, and by the way, the Jazz Orchestra was great (they're going to perform the first Monday of the month there, so y'all should go). I almost asked a lady there who cuts her hair, and now I wish I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I might do that, or maybe I'll just accost people on the street who have haircuts I like.
July 4th we went to the Savannah theater for that Salute to America concert, and by the way, the Jazz Orchestra was great (they're going to perform the first Monday of the month there, so y'all should go). I almost asked a lady there who cuts her hair, and now I wish I had.
lawanna is the wife of one of my good friends. She is a sweethart and does a good job too.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:54 PM

38 posts, read 146,974 times
I had the same trouble with hair when I first moved here but I found August a few months ago and have been very happy!! Here is the link to the salon where he works.

Island Styles Hair Salon

Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 AM

35 posts, read 72,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepayne View Post
WOW ms ellie did i hit a nerve there?? sorry
It's rude and derogatory--like calling someone an "ignorant cracker."

Old 07-18-2010, 04:01 PM

291 posts, read 1,061,823 times
I've been to a few salons and my fave by far is Atmosphere's, downtown. It is an Aveda concept salon, so you do pay $45 to $55 + tip for a basic cut. It is worth it to me though as I've had so much bad luck with the salon's in town. My stylist is Megan. She was really friendly and nice and spoke with me the whole time.

About the pedicure/manicure places: I'm from Canada and the same thing goes. They can't speak English and don't really pay attention to you. Either way, if they do a good job, I go back.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Several people had recommended All About Hair in Pooler, so I went last week. I am happy to report they are very inexpensive and do quality work. Had a cut and color for $60

Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Several people had recommended All About Hair in Pooler, so I went last week. I am happy to report they are very inexpensive and do quality work. Had a cut and color for $60
Wow, I'm in pooler, so that would be great. Who cut your hair?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
I actually don't remember the girl's name, but I was given a card by someone else, and her name is Allie. They were all very professional. Tabatha would not have to takeover this salon ;-)

Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 PM

125 posts, read 218,310 times
I see you're in Pooler, but if you're ever in the Valdosta area, there are many outstanding hair and nail salons. I'm familiar with "up north" and believe me, down south is every bit as good - these people really do a fine job.

Valdosta --- Chris Vu's nail salon on Gornto Rd at Baytree is fabulous! It's like walking into a fine New York salon, very upmarket, the best of everything. Amazing Hair on St. Augustine Rd. is absolutely super, as is Image Hair Salon, Cuts 'R Us, and Serendipity. All these places cater to men and women; you'll always see a mix of both being pampered to the max by knowledgeable stylists.

Nevermind that not everyone speaks the King's English; there's always someone around to translate. Whomever made that towel head comment -- yes they probably are laughing at you if you're as curmudgeonly as you sound-- get a grip on yourself, the world we live in doesn't have room for that kind of incendiary talk!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm pretty sure I have a coupon of some kind from them, so I'll probably go there next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area