Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times

Advertisements

Your commute will be about the same if you choose to live someplace near the historic district or midtown. The key will be how easily you can get on I-16 or 516 to cross the bridge to SC. If you go out towards the islands you'll have to add more time to your commute.

You'll probably be able to find something in the same price range as what you're paying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 PM

177 posts, read 530,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Your commute will be about the same if you choose to live someplace near the historic district or midtown. The key will be how easily you can get on I-16 or 516 to cross the bridge to SC. If you go out towards the islands you'll have to add more time to your commute.

You'll probably be able to find something in the same price range as what you're paying now.

I'd definitely be able to do the commute then. The amount we currently pay is for a pretty small 1br apartment, I'd hope we'd be able to get something bigger than that for the same price!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 AM

40 posts, read 168,283 times
You can find something in that price range downtown. If you stay north of Gaston St., you should be in a good area and in a walkable distance to all the action downtown.

Your commute will be about the same, but you'll be driving through moss covered oak trees. It's not the bumper to bumper traffic you're used to, but you will occassionaly curse out the logging truck you're stuck behind.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,054 times
I am looking to move my family there since my husband works trucking and this would put him closer to his job. I have heard pooler or bloomingdale is a nice area.....Need to be close to a college in the area......rent for a home apartment, or manufactures home in a reasonable range less than 900 would be nice need a 3/2 with pet friendly landlords......

Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Yes, anything on the Westside; Pooler, Bloomingdale, Port Wentworth, Garden City, or Rincon will be close to the trucking hubs and a reasonably short drive to Armstrong, Savannah State, the mini GA Tech campus, or SCAD. You can probably find a house for rent, too, since there are quite a few older single family homes in those towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area