U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM

291 posts, read 488,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
My first trip to Savannah (as a visitor) is this coming week... I left in May after an extended period of unemployment to move west to beautiful Washington state. I was a 30 year resident of the Savannah area.

It was the best decision of my life in a personal sense but I left family and friends behind.

I'm looking forward to the visit for the week, but I do agree with you, I will never live there again. The summer heat is enough to keep me away... and yes, it's the reason my trip is February and not August. The summers out here in Washington are gorgeous and I don't want to waste a week of my summer roasting in Georgia.

Hey, this is interesting to me. I'm moving in April to Washington. I've never been out West (from Ontario in Canada, used to lots of cold but Savannah got me used to the heat, should be an interesting transition). I don't have family or friends here (my husband is stationed here) so moving out West is the best thing ever in my mind right now.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM

8,244 posts, read 6,447,977 times
Hope you find what your looking for Melissa ... Whatever that is.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,906,852 times
Melissa,

I think your going to like it out there, I also grew up in Northern Ohio, not quite Canada but the heat is a real eye opener..

Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,685 times
Make sure to try Sweet Potatoes! One of the best restaurants in Savannah!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM

6,965 posts, read 16,427,306 times
Skip Sweet Potatoes!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:23 PM

3,336 posts, read 3,571,953 times
Yes, skip Sweet Potatoes and go to Ms. Wilkes!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM

7,064 posts, read 12,114,765 times
Try both!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM

879 posts, read 360,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa82 View Post
Hey, this is interesting to me. I'm moving in April to Washington. I've never been out West (from Ontario in Canada, used to lots of cold but Savannah got me used to the heat, should be an interesting transition). I don't have family or friends here (my husband is stationed here) so moving out West is the best thing ever in my mind right now.
Cloudy.. 40's and 50's. That's winter in Washington. Pay no attention to the "it rains all the time" comments because that "rain" is nothing like what you get in Georgia... there it's more of a drizzly mist. It doesn't bother me in the slightest and the gorgeous summers make up for a cloudy winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Melissa,

I think your going to like it out there, I also grew up in Northern Ohio, not quite Canada but the heat is a real eye opener..

She will. The PNW is a beautiful place and a very pleasant change from the pine tree tundra of Georgia... LOL

As said I'm in Savannah this week and have had a good time visiting. Now I just have to find something to take back to my friends in WA... so many souvenir possibilities. Savannah Candy Kitchen maybe... I fly back Sunday night.

Melissa... here's some outdoor eye candy taken on a hike last August.... Mt. Rainier wearing a lenticular cloud for a hat.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l622/TRC2k11/DSCF0749.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 AM

291 posts, read 488,406 times
Gorgeous... less than 2 more months until I'm out there!

I'm trying to think about something that I'll miss about Savannah but nothing comes to mind. Maybe the time it takes to get places, traffic is good (I've never had to deal with Abercorn traffic going to and from Georgetown or anything else) and gas is a bit cheaper, lol.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:07 AM

879 posts, read 360,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa82 View Post
Gorgeous... less than 2 more months until I'm out there!

I'm trying to think about something that I'll miss about Savannah but nothing comes to mind. Maybe the time it takes to get places, traffic is good (I've never had to deal with Abercorn traffic going to and from Georgetown or anything else) and gas is a bit cheaper, lol.
Thanks... I never really cared much for photography till I got out here. Wonder why?

As for Savannah, I don't miss it. Compared to out west I don't think anyone would. I'll come back and visit the family though... when it's not summer.

Good luck and drop me a line if you have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area