Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,349 times

Advertisements

My family and I lived just outside of Savannah several years ago. It is a beautiful city with an amazing history. Sadly there is a very dangerous and ugly side to this city. Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with drugs, weapons and gangs. Slowly this ugliness has spread to the surrounding burbs. It might not be as noticeable but it is there. I would take a trip to the main Savannah Police station and see some of the wonderful stuff that they have confiscated from children in some of the Elementary schools. It was an eye opener for me. I hate to be so negative about a place especially about one that is as beautiful as Savannah, but I know that I would want to know the good, the bad and the ugly of a place before I moved there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,682 times
What can be done to reduce crime when most young people of this country arent being brought up with any discipline whatsoever?
The liberals have decided that its to offensive to have the presence of God and the appreciation for what this country represents being taken away. You find clear evidence of the reverse engineering of our society. Engineering that will surely result in the fall of the United States into becoming overthrown and occupied by some foreign power.

So get ready for the ride people because it is coming, and like a steamroller it is going to crush this country.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:23 PM

207 posts, read 938,588 times
I have read all of the suggested solutions for lowering crime. However I have NEVER read a story, report or account of Whites robbing, invading or stealing from black neighborhoods! Why is this fact not discussed or reported?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 AM

50 posts, read 196,258 times
It appears that in this age it is appropriate to post blatantly political BS on this forum. I reported this for abuse, but it didn't get addressed, so I'm going to respond here.

Crime has exsisted in droves all over the country through many different administrations. In fact, your call of liberalism being the cause of crime doesn't address the fact that out of the last 30 years, only 8 have been run by a liberal president and only 6 of those by a iberal dual president/congress. So obviously, liberalism can't really be the blame for crime in this country, so we need to look to other sources.

If I was to point to any single item to look at that correlates to crime, are 2 factors:
1) Crime seems to run rampant in low-income areas. a) b/c those committing crimes are desparate; b) law enforcement in those areas are minimized to protect those living in higher income areas where the tax incomes for regional governments come from.

2) A gross change in the family that requires parental resources to be stretched, where extended families are separated and where total child reaering resources are diminished.

Both of thes are directly related to a collection of policies that are based on what Greenspan has already noted in his hearings as the big flaw in his models, which doesn't account for greed amongst those in control of money who are supposed to be acting in the best interest of their stakeholders, but instead act in their own self-interest.

Now, the upcoming "invasion" you predict, is Wow! a huge stretch, don't ya think. The policies of Democrats and Republicans in this country are so close to each other compared to differences in politics in other countries, this notion is absurd. It was under liberals that we Fought off the Germans and Japanese and took up arms against the Vietnamese. So the Democratic party and those liberals in it already have proven their ability to defend our nation.

Now if you think our culture is going to be invaded, I think you have to open your eyes and travel a bit more to see the real stretch and influence of American culture globally. They are so much more effected by us than we will ever be by them.

-- dave

Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 AM

6 posts, read 14,930 times
I love Tybee Island. We moved here 3 1/2 years ago. I have not had any crime happen to me except the time Chatham county tried to raise my property taxes by increasing my homes value 1/3 increase the first year. But I took care of that. Now for crime from strangers NOT. I know it does happen but I am not having it happen to me or over here on Tybee Island. One road on and off. No freeway near here for miles. This is an incredibly safe place. Sans the Tybee Bomb If you want to live in Savannah move here. Come in person and find the hood you want to live in. If I did not love Tybee so much it would be downtown area since its so interesting and full of history. Prices are coming way down out here come see. My realtor grew up here, just about knows everyone and she helped me find the best home suited to me. Thank you Angela

Old 12-26-2008, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,490 times
i am moving to hunter army airfield, is the housing on post there or do you have to live off-post and if so what are some good areas close to Hunter?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,170 times
I am looking to move to the Savanah area. Does anyone have any advice about what would be the best section to live in? Im really wanting something outside of Savanah. I am a country boy from TN and you cant seem to get the country out of your blood when your raised that way.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,169 times
Well i appreciate all of the information that i gather about Savannah, Georgia. I am from Ca. and was looking for a place for my family and I to relocate to, but as I can see Savannah would not be on the list of cities in Georgia. I pray that soon something will be done for the residents that are currently living in Savannah and the crime rate will cease.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 AM

737 posts, read 2,454,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbras View Post
I am looking to move to the Savanah area. Does anyone have any advice about what would be the best section to live in? Im really wanting something outside of Savanah. I am a country boy from TN and you cant seem to get the country out of your blood when your raised that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.BENNETT View Post
Well i appreciate all of the information that i gather about Savannah, Georgia. I am from Ca. and was looking for a place for my family and I to relocate to, but as I can see Savannah would not be on the list of cities in Georgia. I pray that soon something will be done for the residents that are currently living in Savannah and the crime rate will cease.
Please look thru some of the old threads?
This didn't need to be bumped.
<Hey! I said please, didn't I?>

Reads one thread, and damns the city?
Thanks for the prayers, and glad we ain't on your short list.
L.A. is heaven compared to this.
Hahaha...

Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM

30 posts, read 110,425 times
Look at the crime stats map that are issued by the city PD and also call them yourself and ask questions. Threads like this made me uneasy about coming to SAV. I'm glad I didn't take the alarmist approach and did my research. We've been here for almost 2 years now and crime is not an issue at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area