Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times

Advertisements

When it's at night or early morning, I always wonder if it was a half awake dream or a wandering soul.

However, I do believe my uncle once saw his father because I saw the effect that it had on him.

Ghosts or a big imagination? I really couldn't say, but I do have my opinions.

This is a spread out area. I am sure you could find somewhere that they wouldn't bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 06:23 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,554 times
actually they are trying to push the black people out of these really nice houses that they have neglected so they can refurbish them. Its really more of a black buyout in parts of the city.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 553 times
This is the 21st century and people of all ethnicities should be able to live together in peace. I feel offended by some these conversations on this platform, regarding ”white flight” but what about the white people who are racist and hateful because of black and brown skin people?! Everyone of all colors don't behave the same as some folks who put all black in the same category (sterotypes). Just as I'm sure all white people are not racist. My husband and I are looking to relocate and Savanna is on our list. I have NO problem living next to anyone of another nationality as long as my family is not harmed, or we are shown hateful behavior. So I guess I am in favor..sort of speak of ”Black Flight” I don't want to live in any parts of Savanna where racist Whites, Mexican etc whom don't want to live next, near or around the corner from me. I prefer a peace of mind and a community of love!

Old 06-20-2021, 05:47 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP2 View Post
This is the 21st century and people of all ethnicities should be able to live together in peace. I feel offended by some these conversations on this platform, regarding ”white flight” but what about the white people who are racist and hateful because of black and brown skin people?! Everyone of all colors don't behave the same as some folks who put all black in the same category (sterotypes). Just as I'm sure all white people are not racist. My husband and I are looking to relocate and Savanna is on our list. I have NO problem living next to anyone of another nationality as long as my family is not harmed, or we are shown hateful behavior. So I guess I am in favor..sort of speak of ”Black Flight” I don't want to live in any parts of Savanna where racist Whites, Mexican etc whom don't want to live next, near or around the corner from me. I prefer a peace of mind and a community of love!
This is a ten year old post, and times have changed radically since it was posted. On the whole, I'd say Savannah is doing a pretty good job of living in harmony.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:29 AM

782 posts, read 1,356,378 times
Fifty years ago, whites in Savannah felt 'everyone' got along fine also.
The perspective of the privileged differs than that of the oppressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area