U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM

6,972 posts, read 11,867,458 times
I love Tybee but I wouldn't want to have to commute from there to Gulfstream every day. It's a 45 minute drive at best.

As most of you know, I'm not that big into our planned developments or Pooler, for that matter, so I won't recommend anything like that. I'm also not a huge fan of the "islands".

But there are nice established neighborhoods north and south of Derenne Ave., right in the center of Savannah, that are only about 20 minutes or less from Gulfstream. Kensington, Bacon Park, and the neighborhoods in the 60th something streets are family friendly and near everything - well, except for the water.

Our water is nothing like Miami water. Nothing in Savannah is much like Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:03 AM

40 posts, read 107,889 times
If you want to be near the water, you might want to think about Hilton Head, or even Bluffton. From HH the commute would be 45 min to an hour (depending on where you are on the island), but not much traffic at all. Bluffton is a very doable commute, and then you would be close to the ocean for your weekends, and there's lots of other families around. Just something to think about....and you are very wise to rent first so you can get a lay of the land and find something suitable for your family.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,395 times
Default Housing by Gulfstream

Try Godley Park, there is great housing there

Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 7,870 times
I have a GREAT 2-bedroom Condo overlooking a river, with easy 20-minute access to Gulfstream. Rent for sure and Lease very possible. Completely furnished and very tasteful. Quiet location, but very convenient to Groceries, Restaurants, Movies, Shopping. Comes with Pool and Boat Dock. Nice sunsets from the deck overlooking the water!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
The drive from Tybee to Gulfstream would be about 45 minutes to an hour. I live in Pooler and really like it. There are a lot of new communities here and it is growing fast. Close to I-95 and I-16. My wife and I also like to go to the beach and do so quite often. Hilton Head & Tybee are also about 45 min. from Pooler.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
I live in Rincon which is only a 15-20 minute commute. I love it and the schools are good if you have a family. We moved into Springs at Effingham, which we loved and then bought a home in Lost Plantation. Pooler does not have good schools and co-workers of mine complain about the constant congestion and always busy stores, resturants...

Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 627 times
Default Appartment

I'm looking for a three bed room appartment, near gulfstream,needs to be reasonable. Any advice?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 211 times
I have a home for sale 35 min. south of Gulfstream. In Fleming off hwy 196. Very quite street some what in the country.almost 2.8 acres,1300sq ft.house, 3 bed 2bath 1 car garage Inground 18x32 ingroung saltwater pool. finced back yard. vegy and herb gardens, Storage shed. Pictures upon requist $175000.00 Send email to wsavshark@aol.com

Old 05-24-2014, 02:42 PM

348 posts, read 140,918 times
What's with all these old threads being resurrected lately? These people were looking for housing years ago. Start a new thread, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area