U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 AM

14 posts, read 69,031 times

Advertisements

So, 41 days until out trip. We were planning on spending a day at Tybee, but I was just on HiltonHead.com and it seemed like there was much more to do and cheaper. Is that right? For example, the deep sea fishing at HH was$57/pp for 5 hours, in Tybee you I only really find Chartes for $300-$500 for 5 hours. Does this tend to run true with most activities?
I guess what I'm saying is, is our day better spent at Hilton Head?
I was kind of looking forward to the "Crab Shack" is all, but the "Crazy Crab" and the "Salty Dog" on HH look good as well.
Any thoughts to share?
Thanks,
Tessa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,487,231 times
You'll be here the first part of November, right? Wait until you see how the weather is. It could just be too cold and windy to go out on the water to fish. The fish may not even be biting. Tybee will take only about 20-30 minutes to get there, Hilton Head 45-1 hour. There will be much more to do at HH.

Tybee sort of closes down after Labor Day. There won't be any activities at Tybee. It's a very small beach area. You really wouldn't have a day's worth of things to do. It would be worth a drive down, but I think you would be disappointed if you were looking for things to do.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Thanks Padgett. Yeah, we're down Nov 2-9th. We will wait to find out about the fishing, but I think we'll plan to spend a day at Hilton Head instead of Tybee. It sounds like there'll be more to do. Any other suggestions of things not to miss? Any experience with the restaurants or is there something else we should check out.
Thanks again,
Tessa

Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 PM

201 posts, read 433,444 times
I love Hilton Head a beautiful place to go and visit, also has a lot of shops to visit and great food.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 PM

You're coming at a good time. That's the weekend of the annual Seafood Festival on the River.First Friday Fireworks on the River

Copied from the website.

November 2

Celebrate the end of the week with Fireworks and River Street fun!

Free/Open to the public

Historic River Street

26th Annual Savannah Seafood Festival

November 2-4

Live Entertainment featuring Headliner Bands, Tons of Fresh Seafood, Games,
Fun, Regional Arts & Crafts, Fireworks on the River Friday night at 9:30pm,
Friday & Saturday 9am-midnight and Sunday 9am-6pm
Rousakis Plaza, Historic River Street Savannah, GA
Free/Open to the Public

Saturday, Nov. 3, will be the best day.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:54 PM

The seafood festival is why we picked that week to come. We LOVE seafood and we're so excited about the festival. I just learned of the First Friday, but it sounds very cool too.
What website did you get that from? I went to the riverstreet website, but the drop down menus never load right. I can only see the bottom one or 2 options.
We've rented a condo by the Civic Center that looks gorgeous. We had thought, being in the HD, we'd forgo the rental car, but got a deal when we booked our airline tickets. We got a rental car for only an additional $90 for the week. Yay. This now gives us the option of the side trips.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 PM

Try The Savannah Waterfront Association site.

Savannah Waterfront Association : Welcome

Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 8,198 times
Thumbs down seafood festival

Can any one tell me who the headliner band is for The seafood festival in November. We are coming to celebrate our 5 year anniversary , I am wondering who and when the band will play. I want to make dinner reservations and a carriage ride but do not want this to conflict with whats happening on the river. Also recommendations for the best place for fine Dining.I am leaning toward the Olde Pink House Planters Tavern . Good Choice? amy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or