U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 AM

8,235 posts, read 6,145,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
Ok btard if you dont understand where im coming from then just ask Newsboy. he agreed the same way i did.
Not only do I consider Statesboro part of the Savannah region, I think it should be included in the Savannah CSA like Hinesville. I know lots of people who make the 45 minute drive back and forth for work In Atlanta, from downtown SAV to Statesboro. in Atlanta that doesn't get you to the other side of town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM

572 posts, read 264,745 times
Why is statesboro not already included in the savannah csa?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM

8,235 posts, read 6,145,037 times
Quote:
Ok btard if you dont understand where im coming from then just ask Newsboy. he agreed the same way i did.
Not only do I consider Statesboro part of the Savannah region, I think it should be included in the Savannah CSA just like Hinesville (and HHI and Bluffton for that matter). It is only a matter of time. Lots of people alteady go back and forth on I-16 for work everyday -- about 45 minutes and much faster than my commute in Metro ATL! Also, people who live in western Effingham and Bryan counties are closer to Statesboro than Savannah.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM

94 posts, read 85,272 times
Statesboro is a breath of fresh air when one spends a lot of time in Savannah. I 'like' Savannah but it's great to be able to visit a city with a little more Americana in it. GSU is another plus. One of the nicest campuses I've visited. While I enjoy living close to Savannah, I'll take Statesboro. I can breathe in that town. Savannah and its surroundings are a bit stifling. YMMV.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM

212 posts, read 111,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Not only do I consider Statesboro part of the Savannah region, I think it should be included in the Savannah CSA just like Hinesville (and HHI and Bluffton for that matter). It is only a matter of time. Lots of people alteady go back and forth on I-16 for work everyday -- about 45 minutes and much faster than my commute in Metro ATL! Also, people who live in western Effingham and Bryan counties are closer to Statesboro than Savannah.
Yeah, I do see a lot of Effingham/Bryan county lisence tags in our Mall/Wal-Mart parking lots.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people in Pembroke/North Bryan shop in Statesboro, not Savannah.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Why is statesboro not already included in the savannah csa?
I think it's becuase of that barren stretch of Hwy 80 between Brooklet and Bloomingdale. There's literally nothing there.

Still, I think Bulloch does form a part of the greater Savannah region, and is thus relevant to this board.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
I think it's becuase of that barren stretch of Hwy 80 between Brooklet and Bloomingdale. There's literally nothing there.

Still, I think Bulloch does form a part of the greater Savannah region, and is thus relevant to this board.
That is a very peaceful 'barren' piece of land. I hope it stays exactly like that. Should Hwy 80 be one extensive strip mall starting at Statesboro and ending in Savannah?

Statesboro and the surroundings offer a respite for people that endure Savannah day in and day out. I absolutely love the Hwy. 80 corridor West to Statesboro. It's real, raw and unpretentious.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agradywills View Post
That is a very peaceful 'barren' piece of land. I hope it stays exactly like that. Should Hwy 80 be one extensive strip mall starting at Statesboro and ending in Savannah?

Statesboro and the surroundings offer a respite for people that endure Savannah day in and day out. I absolutely love the Hwy. 80 corridor West to Statesboro. It's real, raw and unpretentious.
No, but it would be nice if there were more small communites along that route, you know, something other than just Stilson and Blichton.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 AM

Stilson, Blitchton, Brooklet and the others are fine and dandy. Leave well enough alone. The sparsity along that corridor is what gives it it's character.

And Statesboro is fine (excepting the defunct area along South Main of course).

Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM

6,967 posts, read 11,844,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agradywills View Post

I totally agree. That's one of the reasons we should not include the Boro in our metro area. Let's not encourage newbies to think of it as a potential area for more urban sprawl, bedroom communities, and commuter traffic.

What we do not want is another metro Atlanta on the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area