Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 08:36 AM

71 posts, read 88,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Why don't you provide your own review as opposed to endlessly posting news articles? Once in awhile is okay, but it's starting to be too much.
I totally appreciate your posts Airforce Guy, and I'm sure many other's do as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 09:19 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Yesterday we ate at The Florence for the first time. It was a spur of the moment thing. When we arrived, around 6, only one other table was occupied. When we left about an hour later there were maybe a dozen customers in the whole place. Our server assured us that it was an exceptionally slow night for some reason. We had no reason not to believe her.

We had a bread sampler appetizer and split a house salad and pizza. We also had two watermelon gin drink concoctions. Total: Around $60 with tip. Though pricey, it was truly one of the best meals I've had a long time. And the cocktails were simply outstanding. Delicious! If not for the price of $10 each, I would've had more than one.

If The Florence were downtown, it would be packed every night. Unfortunately the location on victory at Whitaker is a major hindrance. I hope they succeed because the building is truly beautiful and the menu is creative and interesting, if far more expensive than my wallet will allow.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
Re: Location
I thought about that the other day crossing Bull going to the West Side to meet someone. There sits this attractive building, prominent signage, among the ugliness of that part of the West Side. Makes me not want to go there.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM

98 posts, read 205,089 times
Has anyone been to Bella Napoli in Downtown? I went in for dinner yesterday and the food and service was spectacular... Best Italian I've had so far outside of New York and Italy.
Attached Thumbnails
Savannah Restaurant Reviews-img_6411.jpg  

Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 PM

50,329 posts, read 63,895,871 times
We went to Alligator Soul. Good food, unrushed atmosphere, and the place was full of others enjoying themselves. We walked several blocks to our car and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of folks downtown. Nobody got robbed or shot.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:50 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We went to Alligator Soul. Good food, unrushed atmosphere, and the place was full of others enjoying themselves. We walked several blocks to our car and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of folks downtown. Nobody got robbed or shot.
Alas, you missed it by 5 hours or so ....

Old 10-18-2015, 07:58 AM

50,329 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Alas, you missed it by 5 hours or so ....
Oh, no.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:57 PM

35 posts, read 33,293 times
Default Hands down, the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuk1219 View Post
Has anyone been to Bella Napoli in Downtown? I went in for dinner yesterday and the food and service was spectacular... Best Italian I've had so far outside of New York and Italy.
Try the clams in red sauce appetizer. The chef is a master!

Old 10-26-2015, 06:54 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuk1219 View Post
I have been really hearing good things too. Going to give it a try. It is in a weird location, I wondered if it would not survive a week. If it is really this good it will.

Airforceguy hm he'll sometimes open up and do opinion, usually very upbeat, but more often he is like our Associated Press. I wondered once if he is like a team of people actually? He's in every city here on CD in Georgia! Thank you to him though. We are up to the minute on the big topics usually with his threads.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:53 AM

614 posts, read 1,100,748 times
10/31/2015, my family and I ate at the Shrimp Factory. I had the fried shrimp and oysters and my wife had the soup, salad and sandwich. Everything was great. We really enjoyed River street. It was packed. We can't wait to come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area