Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
I loathe bad drivers. I mean is it really really that difficult to use your turning signal to let someone know you're exiting or changing lanes?

With that said, I'm probably the best defensive driver I know (without bragging). Probably the only person that can text and drive without getting killed. Realistically, I observe the cars ahead of me and behind me, calculate the distance I am in between and if I see a stupid driver moving all around in his lane and speeding and weaving that's exactly the driver I avoid. Although these days I don't text and drive as much unless I'm at a stop light because I have a touch screen. With my Blackberry in the old days I could text and drive simply because I didn't hav eto look at the screen, could just feel the physical keys, look down for half a second and send!
No. Just, no. Don't text and drive. EVER. For shame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM

643 posts, read 845,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Uh ... you know it's against the law, right?
Yep. A law I oppose greatly.

I've been texting and driving since I was 16. I've never texted while driving while in a very cluttered traffic flow or in a situation where there's great risk. I wouldn't text on the 6 lanes in Atlanta on 75 nor 3 lanes on 95.Texting when I'm the only car on Truman at 10pm is another story.

I feel terrible for the kid that died but it was mainly an issue for teens not adults. Should not have banned it. I almost got hit by a driver that was lighting up a cigarette.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:37 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Quote:

I've been texting and driving since I was 16. I've never texted while driving while in a very cluttered traffic flow or in a situation where there's great risk. I wouldn't text on the 6 lanes in Atlanta on 75 nor 3 lanes on 95.Texting when I'm the only car on Truman at 10pm is another story.

I feel terrible for the kid that died but it was mainly an issue for teens not adults. Should not have banned it. I almost got hit by a driver that was lighting up a cigarette.
Honestly, there are adult drivers out there that are about as bad at driving as some teens, if not worse. I'm glad there is a no texting while driving law, but I wish it were much more heavily enforced. Especially in the Atlanta area.

Knight, texting and driving on Truman even at night with no other drivers in sight is just as dangerous as driving in 3 lanes of heavy traffic on Abercorn. Those curves are a killer. One wrong move and you're done. I hope it doesn't take an accident to show you how important it is not to text and drive no matter the circumstances. No matter how experienced you may be.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:54 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:

And I thought I liked you...

Old 03-07-2014, 05:21 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
I'v always been curious about your screen name Dark Knight. That's been cleared up for me now.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I'v always been curious about your screen name Dark Knight. That's been cleared up for me now.
Well you know... Batman breaks plenty of laws. hehe

Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Honestly, there are adult drivers out there that are about as bad at driving as some teens, if not worse. I'm glad there is a no texting while driving law, but I wish it were much more heavily enforced. Especially in the Atlanta area.

Knight, texting and driving on Truman even at night with no other drivers in sight is just as dangerous as driving in 3 lanes of heavy traffic on Abercorn. Those curves are a killer. One wrong move and you're done. I hope it doesn't take an accident to show you how important it is not to text and drive no matter the circumstances. No matter how experienced you may be.
Well I'd never text in 3 lanes of heavy traffic in Abercorn, nor would I do it while driving in any part of Atlanta unless I was at a stop light.

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, but I've been doing it long enough to know when I can and can't do it.

I don't do it if there's a chance of high risk involved.

Even when I did it with my blackberry and not have to look down, I'm still able to look at the rear view and all side view mirrors at the same time.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 AM

What would you do if one of "your rules" were broken or mistaken and you "accidently" killed someone?
Would you say "Damn that never happen to me on a 2 lane avenue before" ? Or "I didn't think I was in Atlanta'? Or...I just realized (Pinkcaddy) this is a total waste of my time on a Sat. morning . Going for my walk. Done here. Do whatever you fn ing want.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:13 AM

You are all under the assumption look at my phone The entire time I'm driving. Simply not true.

I will look 100 200 yards ahead if need be. I don't just look 10 feet ahead. I'm quite aware of all my surroundings when driving and I'd never look while in traffic especially without my blackberry.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:17 PM

Is the Municipal garage on Montgomery, across from the Courthouse, the one and only public parking for shopping on Broughton, or is there parking that is closer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area