Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM

327 posts, read 1,118,970 times

Advertisements

I am from Connecticut.

I am going to work about 6months in the Savannah area, actually just south of the city. I have been looking at rentals and found one in the leeds gate / colonial village area. Any one familiar with that area or has rented down there?

I am looking for a safe, clean location close to major highway and shopping.

Let me know thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Just Google Apartments, Pooler. I don't think you can go too far wrong. Safe, near 95 and 16, and shopping. Avala at Savannah Quarters is one example.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Pooler may not be the best location for a location for a job that's "south of the city." The traffic patterns could be all messed up for you. You may be happier with a house that's closer to 204/Abercorn Expressway.

When you say 'shopping', do you mean groceries? There are super markets all over the place! There should be no problem for you for that sort of thing.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Pooler may not be the best location for a location for a job that's "south of the city." The traffic patterns could be all messed up for you. You may be happier with a house that's closer to 204/Abercorn Expressway.

When you say 'shopping', do you mean groceries? There are super markets all over the place! There should be no problem for you for that sort of thing.
Yes, so true. I missed the south part of the post. OP needs to miss the "joy" of the whole Abercorn/Derenne thing.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM

Oh good point on the Abercorn/Derenne intersection. Someone has pointed that to me. The place I was interested so far is this one just south of there. I think I can avoid Abercorn/Derenne by continuing down veterans pkwy to Abercorn st then to middleground rd. The apartment is in a 4plex in a neighborhood of 20 4plexes.

http://hotpads.com/rentals/109-Woodh...ultsPerQuad=24

Looks to have good access to 95 and shopping. Just need to know if its a decent neighborhood to be safe in.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
Oh good point on the Abercorn/Derenne intersection. Someone has pointed that to me. The place I was interested so far is this one just south of there. I think I can avoid Abercorn/Derenne by continuing down veterans pkwy to Abercorn st then to middleground rd. The apartment is in a 4plex in a neighborhood of 20 4plexes.

109 Woodhouse Lane, Savannah, GA 31406 - Apartment for Rent in Savannah, GA - HotPads

Looks to have good access to 95 and shopping. Just need to know if its a decent neighborhood to be safe in.
Sorry, I don't know that area.
I just noticed you're from Milford. My Great Uncle used to be Fire Chief in Milford.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
That could be a good solution for you. However, I think, but not sure, that it is on the edge of Hunter Army Air Base. I don't know what the runway directions are. Be sure to check. There's nothing quite like having big planes take off over your home.

Hunter is spread over a lot of area. This area could be completly air traffic-free. I just don't know!

Shopping should not be a problem.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just noticed you're from Milford. My Great Uncle used to be Fire Chief in Milford.
Awesome, I've been up here for 12years now but I travel a lot for short timeframes.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
That could be a good solution for you. However, I think, but not sure, that it is on the edge of Hunter Army Air Base. I don't know what the runway directions are. Be sure to check. There's nothing quite like having big planes take off over your home.

Hunter is spread over a lot of area. This area could be completly air traffic-free. I just don't know!

Shopping should not be a problem.
Good Call. I may call over there just to find out if how many planes or timeframe they fly in or out. Although it seems like take off and landing shouldn't be a big deal since it not in the direct path looking at google earth.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM

We are under the flight pattern for both the airport and the military planes and although it can get loud, most of the time we enjoy watching the planes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area