Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 06:15 PM

50,004 posts, read 63,325,358 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing. Any warm body within 20 miles will be able to get a job at the Mall, or one of the restaurants on Pooler Parkway. Good, I guess.
For another poster, I was just looking at the homes for sale in Pooler. The highest concentration of homes for sale in the 250000 to 350000 range was in the area of the outlet mall and other new commercial construction. The poor saps in the Godley Station Area, who bought their houses a long time ago, are now trying to get out before it is too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 08:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,787,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Here's the thing. Any warm body within 20 miles will be able to get a job at the Mall, or one of the restaurants on Pooler Parkway. Good, I guess.
For another poster, I was just looking at the homes for sale in Pooler. The highest concentration of homes for sale in the 250000 to 350000 range was in the area of the outlet mall and other new commercial construction. The poor saps in the Godley Station Area, who bought their houses a long time ago, are now trying to get out before it is too late.
What exactly are you implying? That there's some mad rush to get out of Godley Station because of the coming outlet mall?! Whatever! Everybody I know who lives out there is THRILLED at the thought of never having to go into Savannah again. Besides, any fool should have known that Pooler Parkway was destined to become a major commercial corridor sooner rather than later -- it's between two major interstates, offers a direct link to the airport and major employment centers AND is lined with undeveloped property ZONED FOR THAT VERY PURPOSE!

Could it be better? Probably. But it could also be a LOT worse! The multiple interstate connections and limited access overpass at US 80

Last edited by Newsboy; 01-02-2014 at 09:38 PM..

Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM

50,004 posts, read 63,325,358 times
All I'm saying is that if you look on a map of real estate for sale, the highest concentration of houses for sale is over there. Read into that what you want. I take it to mean that the people who live back there are worried on the affect the commercial development might have on their quality of life.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:32 PM

779 posts, read 969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
A lot of young people from Effingham depend on Pooler for jobs. And a lot of Effingham residents depend on Pooler for a decent evening out at a restaurant. .

Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM

68 posts, read 88,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
A lot of young people from Effingham depend on Pooler for jobs. And a lot of Effingham residents depend on Pooler for a decent evening out at a restaurant. .
counter, is it going to be easier to get to Pooler From Fingham?
Bids for the engineering work for the Benton Boulevard extension
Engineering Services for Benton Boulevard Extension Project, Chatham County GA
Due Date: Jan 08, 2014

BENTON BOULEVARD EXTENSION (Savannah, GA)*| Construction Data Company

Old 01-14-2014, 10:36 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,924,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscgwsndiqz View Post
counter, is it going to be easier to get to Pooler From Fingham?
Bids for the engineering work for the Benton Boulevard extension
Engineering Services for Benton Boulevard Extension Project, Chatham County GA
Due Date: Jan 08, 2014

BENTON BOULEVARD EXTENSION (Savannah, GA)*| Construction Data Company
Your link doesn't really answer any questions or tell anyone anything...

As for Benton Boulevard's extension, will this be the beginnings of the Effingham Parkway? Is that what that is all about?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM

779 posts, read 969,002 times
If I had to guess this project would involve extending Benton Blvd South of the Pooler Parkway into the new development under construction and nothing to do with Effingham. If the Effingham Parkway is ever built it's route will have to Pass through the City Limits of Savannah and Pooler and bring more shoppers from Effingham to Pooler and create another traffic jam. Then there will be not one but two traffic jams, I-95 and GA 21 and Benton Blvd at Pooler Parkway, already congested.

Last edited by counterclockwise; 01-15-2014 at 09:22 AM..

Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,787,132 times
What's the holdup with the Effingham Parkway? I'd think that should be a No. 1 priority for Effingham leadership, more so than that stupid movie studio ...

Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,924,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
If I had to guess this project would involve extending Benton Blvd South of the Pooler Parkway into the new development under construction and nothing to do with Effingham. If the Effingham Parkway is ever built it's route will have to Pass through the City Limits of Savannah and Pooler and bring more shoppers from Effingham to Pooler and create another traffic jam. Then there will be not one but two traffic jams, I-95 and GA 21 and Benton Blvd at Pooler Parkway, already congested.
Let's just hope the Effingham Parkway will be limited access in its entirety from the proposed beginning at Jimmy DeLoach to GA 119 between Springfield and Guyton. (Truman Pkwy of Effingham if you will)

Old 01-15-2014, 01:52 PM

68 posts, read 88,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What's the holdup with the Effingham Parkway?
Chatham and Savannah and Port Wentworth...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area