Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 08:40 AM

779 posts, read 970,105 times

Advertisements

Newsboy; I was inspired to invest in MDNT by your opening post. It is all your fault. $180 vanished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Former NY governor joins Medient board

Staff report news@effinghamherald.net

POSTED: June 2, 2014 7:03 p.m.

Medient Studios, Inc., announced that former New York Gov. David Paterson has accepted his nomination to join the board of directors of Medient.
“Governor Paterson is a globally recognized leader, whose experience, wisdom, reputation, and relationships will be a huge asset for all Medient stakeholders. It is with great pride and pleasure that we welcome him into the Medient family,” said Manu Kumaran, chairman of the board of Medient.
“As governor of New York State, I approved over $750 million in film tax credits. Film tax credits create strong returns for communities, and generate tremendous job creation,” stated Paterson. “I am committed to helping Charles, Manu, and the Medient team find the resources to make this beautiful dream come true.”
Paterson was the 55th governor of New York, from 2008-10. He was the first African-American governor of New York and also the second legally blind governor of any U.S. state after Bob C. Riley, who was governor of Arkansas for 11 days in January 1975. Since leaving office, Paterson has been a radio talk show host on station WOR in New York City.
After graduating from Hofstra Law School, Paterson worked in the district attorney’s office of Queens County, New York, and on the staff of Manhattan Borough President David Dinkins. In 1985, he was elected to the New York State Senate to a seat that was once held by his father, former New York Secretary of State Basil Paterson.
In 2003, he rose to the position of Senate minority leader. Paterson was selected as running mate by then-New York attorney general and Democratic Party gubernatorial nominee Eliot Spitzer in the 2006 New York gubernatorial election. Spitzer and Paterson were elected in November 2006 with 69 percent of the vote, and Paterson took office as lieutenant governor on Jan. 1, 2007.
Paterson was sworn in as governor of New York on March 17, 2008. On May 21, Paterson was named chair of the New York State Democratic Committee.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,652,635 times
You know how he became governor? His who're- monger boss "gov Spitzer" walked the wall of shame. Patterson saw no evil (legally blind), heard no evil and came in. Immediately had to admit to several affairs with his wife at his side in front of the press.

His joining this board reminds me of a saying I picked up in the south..."Why, isn't that special"

Old 06-04-2014, 01:43 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,826,039 times
This is the guy who is blind, right? What a joke ... this thing is getting crazier by the day.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Kinda like "blind leading the blind" but in this case blind leading the ignorant.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:39 PM

I can't begin to tell you how bummed I am about this Patterson news. I don't even live in The county but I know about NYS politics. The corruption level in the state gov of NY is a joke. It seems no month passes without an indictment. Now, Medient went for the crap of the crop in selecting Patterson with a background of signing off on a gazillions $$$$$ of film tax credits. What does this mean to the county? Mr. Suave will show the way I'm sure.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 AM

974 posts, read 1,142,868 times
They can put whomever they want on the board of directors. What they really need is lots of money and a smarter plan for their business. Everything else is news aimed at propping up their image in what they think will serve the goal of finding funding. It's not a stupid economic climate. And, they have a stupid business plan. So, do the math.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 PM

You're right and it's off my priority list lol. I had my fill with Patterson. Over to you

Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM

Medient Studio's stock value is diluted with such a large number of outstanding additional shares issued 5,000,000,000 recently. Next trick is to increase share price with a reverse stock split.

Share dilution scams

A share dilution scam happens when a company, typically traded in unregulated markets such as the OTC Bulletin Board and the Pink Sheets, repeatedly issues a massive amount of shares into the market (using follow-on offerings) for no particular reason, considerably devaluing share prices until they become almost worthless, causing huge losses to shareholders.
Then, after share prices are at or near the minimum price a stock can trade and the share float has increased to an unsustainable level, those fraudulent companies tend to reverse split and continue repeating the same scheme

Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 AM

974 posts, read 1,142,868 times
So, whether or not it was their original plan, perhaps that's the play at this point, after realizing they have no real options otherwise. I think they're doomed. What wealthy investor will waste their time with these guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area