Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:18 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlz85 View Post
Precisely Mutiny77. By the way, I am female.
Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 10:45 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Good question. I got ya covered. Where I mentioned by Waters has TWO awesome Caribbean restaurants. Sweet Spice and Best Caribbean Cuisine. Also Filipino Cuisine next door to Sweet Spice is great. And Saigon Bistro is near there and is great too.
Home
http://www.sweetspicerestaurant.com/

Curlz I was recommending getting out on town because not seeing black people in Savannah is like not seeing white people in Maine. Cheers to you and I'm very happy to hear you like this city. I just moved here and it's a lovely city. The recent events here made me feel that recommending the seeking of diverse interactions was important.
Thank you SavannahLife! Now that's real island food! The pictures alone make "yo mout wata!" (island speak).

Old 10-05-2014, 06:39 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Here you go: Front Page | www.savannahtribune.com | Savannah Tribune

This paper was owned by Savannah's first Black mayor, Floyd Adams. It might provide more community info than some of us are aware of.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:40 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,674 times
For the record OP, you live in the south now.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:01 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,335 times
Glad you're excited Betsey, they're all great. At every place I talked to the executive chefs and they all made you feel like you were a friend they were having over for dinner. Gotta love the local restaurant scene here. Have a feeling Curlz will like at least one of these too!

Curlz another idea might be joining a professional society related to what you do. And there are also sub-groups for women and for black professionals, of various industries, ie Society of Women Engineers and Society of Black Engineers etc. Savannah Coastal Empire Society of Women Engineers - Home Wish you the best here in Savannah!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
TAG! You're it!!! ( while laughing hysterically)

Let's play nice...cool? Okay, moving along.....where can I find good carribean food in Savannah? Jerk chicken, Jamaican patties, conch fritters, red peas and rice, ackie and salt-fish (just to name a few) anybody?
DEFINITELY Sweet Spice on Waters. No. 2 rated Savannah restaurant on Trip Advisor.

Sweet Spice, Savannah - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

As to the question about where to meet young black professionals in Savannah: I see them downtown all the time. But there's not any one place that is predominantly that demographic. The young professional blacks that I know tend to go to the same places that the young professional whites, students, etc. go. I find Savannah's better clubs to be surprisingly mixed. But that's just the kind of places I prefer. I can't speak for the predominantly black clubs in town, or those outside of the downtown bar districts, because I don't frequent those.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,600 times
Kissnhug,

So did your BF, yourself ever move to Savannah? How have things turned out for him and yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area