Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 01:58 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

This makes me so mad I can spit. How can something like this happen and nobody see it?!

Vandals strike Savannah's Battlefield Memorial Park | Savannahnow.com Mobile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 PM

779 posts, read 973,058 times
Somebody somewhere seen something. They will get caught.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
[quote=Newsboy;33752644]This makes me so mad I can spit. How can something like this happen and nobody see it?!

Vandals strike Savannah's Battlefield Memorial Park | Savannahnow.com Mobile[/

It really pisses me off that after I read two or three links to this rag I get shut out. I"m not going to pay a subscription to read their stuff. One would think they might be more creative as to how to get on-line readership.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
[quote=pink caddy;33756200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
This makes me so mad I can spit. How can something like this happen and nobody see it?!

It really pisses me off that after I read two or three links to this rag I get shut out. I"m not going to pay a subscription to read their stuff. One would think they might be more creative as to how to get on-line readership.
If you've got Google Chrome browser you can access it by going incognito.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:27 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
A. SMN has raised its rate by $20 a quarter, so they are on thin ice with me.

B. They got good pictures of the blue mustang, so I'm betting the jerks will get caught.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM

779 posts, read 973,058 times
It might be a purple mustang..

Old 03-09-2014, 06:17 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
A. SMN has raised its rate by $20 a quarter, so they are on thin ice with me.

B. They got good pictures of the blue mustang, so I'm betting the jerks will get caught.

Two of our members told me about "incognito". Works like a charm. Now I read the rag for free.LOL

Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM

32 posts, read 48,887 times
Default alternative to the SMN

[quote=pink caddy;33756200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Not that I'll likely get much interest, but since the subject came up . . .

There is no need to continue putting up with the wretched Chamber of Commerce mouth piece to which the SMN has lowered itself (which is most often the case for newspapers in 'one paper' towns).

I have a ready prospectus for establishing a new 'news' source/paper. It would be a Sunday only print edition with daily updates on the web. And its hallmark would be investigative journalism.

Now before all of the prognostications on the ups and, mostly, downs of print media news are thrown at me; note that I'm more than fully aware of the travails of the industry over the last many years. I worked for the AJC (Atlanta) from '90 to '05, leaving fortunately before the big axe came down there in 2007.

It's not so much my AJC experience as my understanding of economics and observations of society's predilections that underlie my belief that there should well be a market in Savannah for a news medium with quality content covering local matters. The closest thing to it in Savannah might be Connect, and perhaps the occasional TV news story.

I was motivated to create the prospectus out of a desire to move Savannah's economy both forward and upward. Having dealt with some of the city's so thought 'leaders' it became quickly apparent that effort would be almost impossible without an established, highly recognized and respected voice, that was also not prone to be influenced or controlled by the city's existing 'power structure'.

I personally know of several falsehoods under which the city operates, in both the private and public sectors, that are responsible for holding it back from achieving a robust economy; these exists to benefit the very few at the expense of the larger commonwealth.

If interested to know more regarding the prospectus you can message me directly.

Last edited by FencePost; 03-09-2014 at 01:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area