Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:57 AM

23 posts, read 96,833 times

Advertisements

Anyone part of groups for stay at home moms? Playgroups, exercise groups, etc. I will be moving to Savannah soon and am very sad to leave the wonderful group of moms I met after having my son. I am very much hoping to meet moms in Savannah. Any experiences with this? Would love to hear from some who have been in my shoes or are in the same situation as me!! I can't seem to find the typical things like Gymboree or Baby Boot Camp, but I know Savannah has to have similar things!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM

17 posts, read 92,662 times
No, Savannah doesn't really have those things (gymboree, baby boot camp). I think the best way to meet people in Savannah is by going to church. Savannah Christian is a very welcoming church and has alot of programs for the family.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Savannah Coastal Parent Magazine
Morris.com: Morris Magazines

MOPS-Mothers of preschoolers
and there are several Homeschooling Groups
Monthly features are related to parenting, youth health and fitness, family lifestyles and community events of an interest to parents with children. distribution is handled through retail locations, medical and dental offices and other family-friendly venues.

I can not find it online but the Senior and Antiques are important in Savannah, not Children.
Coastal Senior - Savannah Area Guide to Senior Activities and Living
Coastal Antiques and Art

Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 AM

17 posts, read 87,079 times
I am getting ready to move to Savannah in the next 2 weeks and I am a SAHM. Not sure where we are going to live yet, but when I get it figured it out maybe we can have a playdate. I have a 19 month old son.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 PM

23 posts, read 96,833 times
That sounds wonderful!!!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 PM

227 posts, read 728,121 times
try Southernmamas.com a local blog written by a reporter/mom.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,260 times
Talking Play groups

Im a mom of a 16 month old boy,and would love to get together with someone who has a child similiar in age. Maybe we could meet at Oglethorpe Mall? (air conditioning!) I have had a hard time finding groups that contain what I am looking for...and I am not Christian,so joining a local church isnt an option...

Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM

8 posts, read 32,227 times
This may help you find one in your area!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...te=1&p=4542666

Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,446 times
Smile Hi, Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethzl View Post
Im a mom of a 16 month old boy,and would love to get together with someone who has a child similiar in age. Maybe we could meet at Oglethorpe Mall? (air conditioning!) I have had a hard time finding groups that contain what I am looking for...and I am not Christian,so joining a local church isnt an option...
Contact Eye Winker Entertainment L.L.C. @
eyewinkerkids@gmail.com or 912-728-4724 for information about wonderful, fun, and inexpensive group activities for babies and children through age 7 and their parents. Convenient midtown Savannah location. No registration fees or long term commitment.
Just fun for everyone. Weekday groups as well as
Saturday dates. Late afternoon schedule for working
parents.

Best Regards,
Peek-a-boo Sue

Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
There is a play area in Oglethorpe Mall just outside of the Mall entrance to JCPenney. Everytime I go that way I see quite a few mommies (and sometimes Dads) sitting, talking and watching the little ones enjoying themselves on the kiddie slides and other things. It was designed for the toddlers, so the bigger children are not there to bother the little ones.

So much is going to depend on where you live that it's difficult to suggest what might be best for you.

I think, but not sure, that the Savannah Mall also has a similar play area. Perhaps someone else could tell you more about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area