Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,368 times

Advertisements

Hi… This is “Carlo” from Pittsburgh.

Here’s one for you:

[SIZE=3]EGADS! I pray that somebody can rationally follow this with some valuable feedback and/or input. Mine is a shared City-Data forum registration with my girlfriend, Ann who’s in the throes of changing careers doing substitute teaching all over town wholesomely exposed to diverse student populations. At 49-years old, Annie (“Annie being her name of endearment I use) is also doing a two-job gig as a telephone call center rep activating cell phone accounts. She’s mature, but preciously demure; Annie is more or less nervous about testing the waters of what she views as an “uncertain horizon” beyond our provincial Pittsburgh. Me? Heck, I’m still the adventurous type. Still artistic, I’m a former Navy hospital corpsman-type that served years ago with the Marines in a helluva weird war during the 60s. You might think of me as the loyal type, who, under official orders, wouldn’t balk at rushing an enemy-occupied objective keeping to myself that doing it less out of militaristic zeal but for the challenge of seeing it done with a bunch of other creative-minded art aficionados. Sweet Annie would describe me as the “preservationist type”, a guy who would accomplish such an objective with little or no casualties and no serious collateral damage, particularly to Ming Dynasty vases, jade, or other treasured ivory figurines that might be left lying around by our objective’s corrupt local administration. [/SIZE]

Anyhow, some years back after being pretty much abandoned by her ex-husband, Annie, working her butt off at a dead end job and arduous overtime, somehow managed to put her two daughters through college (one a teacher, the other now a pharmacist). My being 61-year old, formally educated, a freelance humorist, and a liberally compensated Department of Defense retiree, I have devoted all of my free time tutoring Annie for the purpose of her earning a Masters degree (which she has done) in primary education here in Pittsburgh—Duquesene University to be specific. Ann having a QPA of 3.9, I keep telling her that a steadiness, stoic maturity, and 3.9 grade point average has everything going for her, but DRAT! I don’t think her modest temperament and humility believes what I keep telling her (as though my encouragements haven’t been resultantly persuasive enough to earn her Masters degree?)

Annie’s gentility being all the things any man could possibly adore in a lady, I’m positive there’s other couples out there just like us no matter that they’re probably younger; so, I’m taking some initiative here to ask if there’s anyone that can join Annie and me in some kind of mutual support group, a small group where we can together hold hands standing on the edge of this northern pier hesitating to jump into rough seas along that “uncertain horizon” of southern shores. My digs here in Pittsburgh are lavish for a single guy. I don’t need anything. I’m a guy who’s difficult to buy gifts for, therefore I never ask anybody for anything on my birthday or Christmas…just what somebody reads here and hopefully digests with positive interest so Annie can realize her dream to relocate south closer to her teacher daughter and new granddaughter.

Annie’s Carlo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area