Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:19 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,335 times

Advertisements

Sigh. CampingMom welcome and hope it works out for your move. I was kind of just taking out my frustration about President Trump. I am worried about family leave, work-life balance, etc, which came to mind. At least Savannah is a bit of a blueberry in the tomato soup down here if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 12:53 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,645,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Sigh. CampingMom welcome and hope it works out for your move. I was kind of just taking out my frustration about President Trump. I am worried about family leave, work-life balance, etc, which came to mind. At least Savannah is a bit of a blueberry in the tomato soup down here if you know what I mean.
I do. But after living in NYS where it's still very depressed in terms of new construction, businesses that pay living wages coming in, Savannah has life. IBM here fired 11K back in 1991. Texaco left in the late 90's. There is nothing for manufacturing here any more. It's all retail, food and medical offices. We'd have to commute a hour or better each day by car and to work in lower Westchester/NYC 3 hours a day by train. That's not a life.

We are making a leap of faith. I just hope and pray we are ok when we do. I've got job opportunities and hubby will transfer with Wallyworld until he finds something again in ready mix concrete.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:55 PM

Hello, from cold and snowy upstate NY. Big news!!! See you all after Jan. 1st. We can move in after that date! A leap of faith, and a huge jump. Looking for work as I type. Happy Thanksgiving to your family. Cherish each and every day. I count my blessings and love what's now left of my family. Make a difference. Say thank you. Hold a door. Stop at a nursing home to brighten a persons day who has no family. Be thankful for all you have.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:36 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
75 ish and sunny here today. Next Thanksgiving, it'll be flop flops and shorts for all y'all.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
75 ish and sunny here today. Next Thanksgiving, it'll be flop flops and shorts for all y'all.
Oh please keep your fingers crossed! We had the 10th showing tonight. The last was was SO close-they loved the house, but couldn't walk to the train station-it's 5 miles from here. The people tonight loved it, now will they make an offer? St. Joseph needs to help us-he needs to get out of the ground!

I had forgotten after 25 years, how stressful it is to sell a home and how nit picky people are.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
Oh please keep your fingers crossed! We had the 10th showing tonight. The last was was SO close-they loved the house, but couldn't walk to the train station-it's 5 miles from here. The people tonight loved it, now will they make an offer? St. Joseph needs to help us-he needs to get out of the ground!

I had forgotten after 25 years, how stressful it is to sell a home and how nit picky people are.
Fingers crossed!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Fingers crossed!
The other agent left a message. They loved the house. All prepared to make a full offer. Then they watched the traffic come through-it was about 5:30pm. They decided they couldn't live with that many cars coming through. We live now on a cut through. Sigh..... I feel like it will never, ever sell. Even St.Joseph can't help us.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:59 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
The other agent left a message. They loved the house. All prepared to make a full offer. Then they watched the traffic come through-it was about 5:30pm. They decided they couldn't live with that many cars coming through. We live now on a cut through. Sigh..... I feel like it will never, ever sell. Even St.Joseph can't help us.

After the buyer "too far to walk", and now "too much traffic", with both parties loving the house it seems to me that solution, if you really, really, want to sell, is price. You need to offer a "killer price" that will have the buyers say..."well for that price I can live with bla, bla, bla." A knock-out price/punch that gets you ahead of the pack.

Interesting, just this morning I wrote a quotation in my daily notebook that said " We are often reminded that incentives drive all human behavior." (Bill Ackerman--Wall St financer).

Disclosure: These are ONLY my opinions that may not be worth the band width it's written on. I didn't want to say "paper" because then you would think I'm old school. HEY wait a minute I Am OLD SCHOOL.

Good luck.

BTW Dig up St. Joseph for the Christmas holidays. That might help.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:27 PM

Ok, another quick question. We have to find a new church. We are Episcopal. Can you recommend one in the area?

Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 PM

I don't have personal experience, but it depends on whether you like old guard, stuffy (I do), or the "what's happnin'" version. There was a big rift in the episcopal church downtown a year or so ago having to do with a difference in philosophy.
If I were you, I'd check out the websites of the churches near your house and see what you can glean from them. The ministers are usually happy to answer specific questions, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area