Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:18 PM

741 posts, read 1,751,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
North Georgia Mountains in late October/ early November is gorgeous; Metro Atlanta and Macon early to mid November, quite spectacular too, in my opinion.
Thanks for the information. I am planning to travel with my family to Atlanta late October and I can visit North Georgia Mountains on my way... Is there an address for North Georgia Mountains area,
where I can plug in my GPS... Also is there a way I can drive around similar to Smoky mountains to enjoy these Fall colors...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:55 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
Really anywhere around the northern quarter of Georgia. Especially Tallulah Gorge State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway (winds through the mountains) Dahlonega, Clarksville, Ellijay. Many charming towns and enclaves. Amicalola Falls State Park between Dawsonville and Dahlonega is also a BREATHTAKING jewel in the fall season.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:46 AM

741 posts, read 1,751,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Really anywhere around the northern quarter of Georgia. Especially Tallulah Gorge State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway (winds through the mountains) Dahlonega, Clarksville, Ellijay. Many charming towns and enclaves. Amicalola Falls State Park between Dawsonville and Dahlonega is also a BREATHTAKING jewel in the fall season.

Thanks for your suggestion. We had a nice ride to Tallulah Gorge State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway Dahlonega, Clarksville, and Ellijay on the way to Atlanta.

We did not had chance to get inside of Amicalola Falls State Park but touched it on the way to Atlanta

Old 11-26-2016, 03:51 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,847,742 times
Can't speak for Savannah proper, but the colors up here in Statesboro/Bulloch have gotten pretty good in the past week or so. The sweetgums this year are way better than they were last year.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:20 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
Can't speak for Savannah proper, but the colors up here in Statesboro/Bulloch have gotten pretty good in the past week or so. The sweetgums this year are way better than they were last year.
I did notice some fall color driving along I-16 as far as western Chatham county just a few days ago, but again, it's not what the area is known for. The color is mixed in with the evergreen pines and it just doesn't make the same impression as fall color up near the fall line and beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area