Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 04:06 PM

23 posts, read 45,129 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband just accepted a position in Savannah today. We will move ideally before school starts in early August. We have to sell our home here though!

We have a few questions. We have already done a lot of online research. My husband has visited. We are working with a realtor and a lender. Most of the big stuff has been initiated.

I am a Visiting Nurse-RN and would like to continue doing this as a .6 or higher eventually but just prn for the first couple months while we adjust. What can I expect for pay with almost 4 years of nursing? Who are the reputable companies? I am also considering working for an insurance company case managing. Does anybody have any personal experience with this? Again, what is the pay for this?

We will likely need temporary housing with 3 kids for a couple months. Any recommendations?

Any storage units that people prefer? We stored stuff here in Iowa before and picked up a mouse! I know it happens but thought I would ask around!

Any tips on helping kids adjust to down there? Kids are 13 yr old boy, 11 yr old girl, and 7 year old boy.

My boys wrestle at an elite level. Any good youth wrestling clubs within 45 minutes of Richmond Hill?
My boys also play travel ball at a AAA/Majors level. Any good travel baseball teams near Richmond Hill?
My daughter does dance and will be looking for a new dance company. She does not do competition. Any suggestions near Richmond Hill?

Anybody work with any cross country movers that are affordable and trustworthy? We are moving a 3000 sq ft house full of stuff! Ugh!

Thanks so much for the help!!

Last edited by Hillfamily5; 06-29-2017 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Added a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 04:33 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Sorry, but I can't help much, since I live in Pooler, and we were empty nesters when we came here. You don't say where you are moving from, but GA pays scale is low compared to many areas of the country.
If your target is Richmond Hill, I think you will like it, since it is a lovely area.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 PM

I am from eastern Iowa and we get paid pretty low compared to other places. Typically visiting nurses is about $10,000 more a year than the hospital. Not sure what it's like down there though.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
My two cents: I have friend that is a nurse practioner (sp) that I understands makes abut $60,000. Does that make any sense or.....?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:03 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
I think health care professionals make a lot of money here. We have a lot of old people.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:46 PM

Pink caddy: that is crazy low for a NP around here. May have to quit nursing if that's what they make.

Newsboy: I hear it's a popular retirement destination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area