Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 15,208 times

Advertisements

I am creating this new thread in hopes to get some good feedback. I currently live in Iowa with my wife & two children ages 6 & 10 and I recently received a job offer from an automotive group located in Ridgeland SC. My wife & I have been out to Savannah area 3 times since 2016 and we've discussed possibly moving to the area and when this job offer came up it was too good to refuse. We have actually done quite a bit of research and actually visited with a couple realtors in Richmond Hill area as we found the schools there to be some of the best in the area for public schools. The reason for this post is as I go and read some of the reviews on websites like GreatSchools & SchoolDigger I'm seeing a lot of negative comments mostly regarding bullying and no reaction from the staff to handle the issue. I can't sit here and judge a school system that my children have never been through and a school system I know nothing about so I rely heavily on these reviews. We've also gotten the same responses on Facebook regarding the bullying and adult talk coming from children especially the middle school is where I've gotten the most feedback on the issues. Can someone who has A LOT of knowledge and either have or children in the Richmond Hill schools or have put children through the schools fill me in on what's up with the reviews and what's really going down? This is one of the most important things to my wife & I. If I make a 1200 mile move and pull my kids out of a great school system here in Polk City Iowa for a great job opportunity I would like them to be able to make friends right away and adjust easily. I will not stand for bullying and if from what I hear the staff not taking action I will not tolerate that either. Someone please fill me in on any information you can that would be very helpful and would put my worries at ease. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: