Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM

20 posts, read 55,014 times

Advertisements

can you tell me the neighborhood you are talking about. Also I'm coming down end of June, thinking about staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, it looks nice for an advertisement, is that a good location for easy access to beach and restaurants? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Is it the one downtown? Appears there are three here in town.

If it is, it'll be a straight shot out to the beach from there, about 15 miles. Don't know anything about the insides of it. It's fresh and new, built in the last few years. West Bay is not the spiffiest end of downtown, heavy traffic there and on the edge of the historic district but you're only a block or two from the river and the nicer areas.

You're close to plenty of restaurants. Everything like that is nearby.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Default Cest la vie

Hiya folks!!!! forgot all about yall. The Americans suffering from the PS, Paranoid Syndrome are not the ones I needed to find out about Savannah. I will bet each of you have assault weapons and dried foodstuffs (you know for the hurricanes) stashed away. Thats why even with all this talk about "the progress of Black people", "the mood of race in America is changing", there will still be those with the drop of poison in their souls that will never allow them to answer a question like "How is Life in Savannah" without a lot of other crap interjected into the conversation. I have visited Savannah since our last communication and find it to be a very loving place, depending on what "side" of town and what "type" of people I met. thanks and hasta luego

Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barito View Post
Hiya folks!!!! forgot all about yall. The Americans suffering from the PS, Paranoid Syndrome are not the ones I needed to find out about Savannah. I will bet each of you have assault weapons and dried foodstuffs (you know for the hurricanes) stashed away. Thats why even with all this talk about "the progress of Black people", "the mood of race in America is changing", there will still be those with the drop of poison in their souls that will never allow them to answer a question like "How is Life in Savannah" without a lot of other crap interjected into the conversation. I have visited Savannah since our last communication and find it to be a very loving place, depending on what "side" of town and what "type" of people I met. thanks and hasta luego
For someone who is so into "loving" you seem awfully adversarial. I guess we'd forgotten about you too. We were probably too busy enjoying our beautiful fall weather to notice.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 AM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barito View Post
You're the one that lobbed the first grenade...I'm househunting in Savannah right now and I am very concerned with the crime stats of the neighborhoods I'm looking at...guess that makes me a 'closet racist'.
BTW, my search has led me and my husband to Ardsley Park...close in, well-located, but not 'touristy'.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 24,347 times
If you're moving here check the neighborhood, knock on the doors ask the people if they will call the police on just the thought of suspicious activity. A bad neighborhood is where no one saw nothing. Keep in mind.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM

thanks for the info folks, I might be neighbors with one of you, oh I play the bongos, congas and have spiritual drumming sessions every weekend, is that OK, you know to express myself?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,345 times
I'm on Wilmington Island.
Retired.
On a very limited, fixed income.
I'm not leaving until the Lord votes me off the island.

Not much crime.
Plenty of interesting people to meet.
Plenty of places to rent.
All in all, a good place to live.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 PM

53 posts, read 154,441 times
Barito, I think you should find another place to move to, Savannah may not be for you.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:17 PM

now I'm being told where I should live and what town is suitable for me!! I love it!!! People never cease to amaze me. Like I said...all I wanted was info on Savannah and all I got was tirades and now Shallowbrain gonna tell me where to live. Que lastima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area