Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 8,795 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving from Michigan down to Savannah. I have heard that there are some really good programs for people who would like to work on getting their teaching certificate while actually teaching...some "alternative" programs. I was wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice or first hand knowledge on how it works. I've checked out some websites but I'd love to hear it from a person who's done it. Also I have been working as a preschool teacher the past couple years and was wondering about daycares and such in the area. How is the employment down there? Because right now in Michigan boy is it on the sucky side. Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 AM

11,364 posts, read 24,319,862 times
A few years ago one of my friends was doing that. She seemed enthusiastic about her prospects.

Here's the link to the local guidelines in case you haven't found it yet.

https://www.gapsc.com/TeacherCertifi...nts/routes.asp

You do have to have a degree in something before you start and they are encouraging people to get certificates in high-need subjects like science and math.

Little kids are the easiest. If you're willing to try middle school, you'll have a better chance of getting accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: