Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,047 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.
I'am seriously considering a week in Ga.Savannah can any one tell me what is it like? my sister and i live in different states and she would like me to meet her In Savannah for a week for a sister reunion what is it like? is it a big city? where is a good place to stay for a week?
thanks for aqny info. I can get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 07:03 PM

737 posts, read 2,459,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.a.b. View Post
Hi everyone.
I'am seriously considering a week in Ga.Savannah can any one tell me what is it like? my sister and i live in different states and she would like me to meet her In Savannah for a week for a sister reunion what is it like? is it a big city? where is a good place to stay for a week?
thanks for aqny info. I can get
And maybe you should read some of the previous threads?
Just sayin', is all.

Last edited by Just Plain Al; 12-22-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling...

Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Savannah is not a large city like Atlanta or New York. The metropoliton area covers about 70 square miles with a population of close to three hundred thousand.

Most of the visitors come here to see the Historic District. That's also where you would find most of the hotels and restaurants.

If you are coming in the Spring when the azaleas and other flowers are in bloom, you will have a treat in store for you. The squares and parks are beautiful.

The first weekend of every month is the First Saturday Festival on the River. Art and Crafts, music, food....nice things like that!

savannah guide galleries - Google Search

Check out this site. You may find exactly what you are looking for.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 5,047 times
Default thanks

thank you for the info. and the site.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:37 PM

236 posts, read 698,531 times
Savannah is a wonderful place to visit. I recommend the President's Quarters Inn. My wife and I spent an anniversary there a few years before we moved to Savannah. It was excellent and the location is perfect. You guys have fun.

Top Historic District Savannah Bed and Breakfast Hotel – Savannah Historic Inn - Presidents' Quarters Inn – Savannah Georgia (GA)

Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,133 times
Catch a performance at the Savannah Arts Academy (http://www.sccpss.com/Schools/High+Schools/Savannah+Arts+Academy/About+the+School.htm - broken link)
dedicated performing and visual arts school
“Celebrating a Decade of Excellence in Arts Education”
10 Years: 1998 - 2008
communications technology, dance, instrumental and/or vocal music, theatre arts, and visual arts.
Visual and Performing Arts
2008-2009 Schedule:
http://www.sccpss.com/NR/rdonlyres/95FF57D4-5B68-4717-83B2-0B989258D117/21829/FinalBrochure20082009.pdf (broken link)

Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM

6 posts, read 53,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapowermike View Post
Savannah is a wonderful place to visit. I recommend the President's Quarters Inn. My wife and I spent an anniversary there a few years before we moved to Savannah. It was excellent and the location is perfect. You guys have fun.

Top Historic District Savannah Bed and Breakfast Hotel – Savannah Historic Inn - Presidents' Quarters Inn – Savannah Georgia (GA)

Before you moved there?? What made you move there? Are you pleased with your move?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,501 times
My sister and I are going to Savannah on vacation at the end of February. We are staying in the Historic District. Everyone on this board has been a huge help to us. We are planning on having a blast. I think you will too.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 PM

263 posts, read 798,006 times
There are lots of Bed and Breakfasts' in the Historic District and I would highly recommend staying in one on your trip! You won't be sorry if you do and remember that the room rates include wonderful breakfast each day and lots of time you can get drinks and afternoon goodies included in the price. You can use Trip Advisor, bedandbreakfast dot com, illoveinns dot com to find them! No, I don't own a B&B but I do seek them out whenever I trave, I love to stay in historical homes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: