U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 PM

10 posts, read 28,523 times

Advertisements

I am here to answer any question that anyone may have about the Ft Stewart/Hinesville area. I know how hard it is to relocate in a new area and I hope that his post is of some assistance to anyone that may need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,850 times
Hi, I am looking at relocating in March with a change in duty station. I don't want to go without a job and depend on his pay to support us, and was wondering if you had any advice on the job outlook (I do have a college degree in Social Work but am currently working as a barista at a coffee shop and have waitressing experience). Also, do you have any advice about where to find cheap childcare? And housing, near post, that is affordable? Thank you!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:13 PM

10 posts, read 28,523 times
Hello and I would like to be the first to welcome you to Hinesville. Well as far as the jobs go there are some available depending on what type of job you are wanting to settle into. Now there are jobs available in savannah that will probably be more of what you are enquiring about. You can go to monster.com or savannahclassifieds to see what is available. Childcare runs about $75 a week per child or so in the area. How many children do you have and what ages? As far as housing are you looking to buy or rent in the area?

Old 02-01-2009, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,756 times
Hi. I am PCSing to Ft. Stewart soon. I was looking at some apartments in Richmond Hill and Pooler as I heard those areas were better than Hinesville. I was wondering if you knew how far those were from the main area of the fort. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 10,891 times
Smile Fort Stewart, our new home..

Hey !
I just found all this great info while searching for area details on Fort Stewart. We are moving there from "around the corner", Fort Benning. Even though that we are looking at retirement in 2 1/2 years and wanted to retire in the ATL area, I guess we will get to move one more final time !
We have two children, 8 and 6 years old and I was wondering if the housing and on post schools are worth the wait? Since it is not that far away from where we are at right now, the wait would not be so bad.
Also, I am an RN and was wondering about the opportunities in the area.
Thank you so much already for all the info !
Great to have someone to ask..

Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 AM

17,192 posts, read 20,203,102 times
We are looking to move to within a short commute of our son, who's in Pooler at Hunter AA. I seem to find the most houses which meet our requirements in Richmond Hill, Midway, Pooler, Guyton, Hinesville, a very few in Savannah, and Ludowici. Of these communities, are there any features that are undesireable? Pooler is the only town besides Savannah I'm at all familiar with.
Commute is not an issue, nor are school systems. We do not want to live in the boonies.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 AM

7,133 posts, read 12,301,964 times
Have you looked at Glennville? It's a very nice town.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 AM

17,192 posts, read 20,203,102 times
Thanks, ellie. I found a couple of possibles there.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 AM

107 posts, read 144,155 times
Have you checked in the Wayne County area? They have some neat things to do Drive in movie theater, churches, produce markets and lots more

Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 PM

118 posts, read 242,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencarter View Post
I am here to answer any question that anyone may have about the Ft Stewart/Hinesville area. I know how hard it is to relocate in a new area and I hope that his post is of some assistance to anyone that may need it.
Hi, please can you tell me about this area, living currently in NJ, looking to buy at least 12 acres to build a brand new house on, I ask question in the savannah Forum, my daughter has 3 young children the 7 year old he has Austim, also the children are bi racial, we having dogs, and my daughter is looking to find a job. I don't want to move in a place where you have to drive 1 hr . to a store. Also have NC in my mind ,winstom Salem. I am German or better I was born and raised in Germany came to America in 1982.
Someone told me in the other forum that going outside Savannah will be hard for me and my family
. see this move have to be right, is will be our last move I don't know now, maybe I should move in the Atlanta area, but I believe is will be more costly.
My ex was in the Army, and I live outside anArmy base in NJ used to work at the Army base, is looks like that all Military bases are more in the country and you have to drive far to get some where.
Please can you help me? Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area