Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 AM

14 posts, read 86,929 times

Advertisements

We will be near Savannah (on Hilton Head Island) in February & one of the things we want to do is a makeover and would be willing to drive down back toward Savannah to get one. What I'm thinking of as a minimum is a new hairstyle, makeup & perhaps even more. Can someone recomend a good place to go?

It's me and my 14 year old daughter...Ok she wants a new look through a haircut & a little intro to makeup for going out. Then when it comes to me...I just dropped over 60 lbs & really need a new look, I've had the same hairstyle for 20+ years, so it's really time for a change...some new makeup suggestions would be grand & I was even thinking of getting advice on colors to where or more?

We are meeting up with friends for my 45th B-day, so a new look would be really fun & a great present to myself!

Any recomendations would be superb...I've been away from the US for over 20 years so knowing where to go is not the easiest, especially as I don't know the area at all!

Thanks in advance,

Barbara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 07:15 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,074 times
Makeover?
Punk?
Drastic change?
I know of a few places.
But more specific would help.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
I think that you could easily find such a place on Hilton Head.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:34 PM

14 posts, read 86,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
Makeover?
Punk?
Drastic change?
I know of a few places.
But more specific would help.
Al,

OMG definitely not Punk, I'm a career woman & work in a rather conservative office so other then for holloween punk is definitely out of the question! It can be a drastic change but within some limits that they let me back to into the office.

I would be thankful for some suggestions...

Thanks,

Barbara

Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 PM

737 posts, read 2,459,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2cruise View Post
Al,

OMG definitely not Punk, I'm a career woman & work in a rather conservative office so other then for holloween punk is definitely out of the question! It can be a drastic change but within some limits that they let me back to into the office.

I would be thankful for some suggestions...

Thanks,

Barbara
I'll do some research...
And get back to you.
And don't ya wanna "Rock the Boat" sometimes?
Just axin', is all...
Conservative sometimes sucks!

Be the one you wanna be...
Life is waaay tooo short!

Been there, done that...
And I still had my loyal clients.
Just sayin', is all.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:20 PM

214 posts, read 899,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2cruise View Post
We will be near Savannah (on Hilton Head Island) in February & one of the things we want to do is a makeover and would be willing to drive down back toward Savannah to get one. What I'm thinking of as a minimum is a new hairstyle, makeup & perhaps even more. Can someone recomend a good place to go?

It's me and my 14 year old daughter...Ok she wants a new look through a haircut & a little intro to makeup for going out. Then when it comes to me...I just dropped over 60 lbs & really need a new look, I've had the same hairstyle for 20+ years, so it's really time for a change...some new makeup suggestions would be grand & I was even thinking of getting advice on colors to where or more?

We are meeting up with friends for my 45th B-day, so a new look would be really fun & a great present to myself!

Any recomendations would be superb...I've been away from the US for over 20 years so knowing where to go is not the easiest, especially as I don't know the area at all!

Thanks in advance,

Barbara

Check these places out:

Savannah Day Spa / Your Downtown Oasis

Atmospheres Salon, The Downtown Aveda Concept Salon - Savannah, GA

Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM

12 posts, read 36,122 times
My hairdresser (who serves myself and three teenage daughters as well as most of my professional friends) is Judy Gray - she works in Savannah and she is a master cosmetologist. We refer to her as "the magician" .

I never hesitate to recommend her when someone compliments me on my hair, and my teenage daughters love her! It's such a treat for them to get to go to her because their friends are always adequately impressed (which is important to teenagers). I love to hear them climb in the chair and say "do what you want" - that's TRUST!

Her number is 912-308-2760 if you would like to contact her for an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: