Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 05:19 PM

253 posts, read 1,181,591 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone -

I'm planning a wedding in Savannah for next Spring and was hoping for some advice from locals. I've always found it a beautiful place to visit and was thinking of an outdoor ceremony in a square or in the park. I'm quickly learning that is quite popular and I wasn't the first with that idea. I've heard from two friends (both who have attended weddings there) that while it sounds nice to have one outdoors there, that it turns out to really not be that nice b/c of tourists pretty much attending your wedding, tour buses stopping to watch, and general traffic noises and people honking deliberately. I have a bad feeling that this is true and I should start looking at indoor locations with pictures outdoors, but wanted to get more than just the two opinions I have. Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 06:12 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
You might find some ideas here>>>
About Gazebo Garden Weddings of Savannah

Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM

182 posts, read 711,104 times
I recently (November) had a wedding in Monterey Square. For me, it was a destination wedding...everyone flew in for it. And everyone LOVED it. The tourist thing is less of an issue than you would think because when you rent the square, you must also hire a police officer to patrol the park before, during and after the ceremony. Our officer stopped traffic to allow the horse carriage to come through, and again later to let us cross the streets for pictures. The tourists/locals who did see us outside all waved and yelled Congratulations to us. I am biased, but it was wonderful. I did not notice any honking or yelling, but I was so "into the moment" that I just didnt notice anything other than my own emotions. I suggest, if you are in the area, choose a saturday afternoon, walk around and you will likely catch a wedding in one of the squares. You can judge for yourself. I hear Whitfield square is the most popular. (the one with the Gazebo...I think thats Whitfield. ) BTW: It was $405.00 to rent the park and hire the police officer.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:53 PM

10 posts, read 42,091 times
One of my former co-workers son had his at the beach.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM

27 posts, read 69,882 times
Default do you have a website for this?

gamecock- do you have a website or reference number you used? Im interested in doing this.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock43 View Post
I recently (November) had a wedding in Monterey Square. For me, it was a destination wedding...everyone flew in for it. And everyone LOVED it. The tourist thing is less of an issue than you would think because when you rent the square, you must also hire a police officer to patrol the park before, during and after the ceremony. Our officer stopped traffic to allow the horse carriage to come through, and again later to let us cross the streets for pictures. The tourists/locals who did see us outside all waved and yelled Congratulations to us. I am biased, but it was wonderful. I did not notice any honking or yelling, but I was so "into the moment" that I just didnt notice anything other than my own emotions. I suggest, if you are in the area, choose a saturday afternoon, walk around and you will likely catch a wedding in one of the squares. You can judge for yourself. I hear Whitfield square is the most popular. (the one with the Gazebo...I think thats Whitfield. ) BTW: It was $405.00 to rent the park and hire the police officer.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:59 PM

182 posts, read 711,104 times
To learn how to rent a square or park go to:http://www.savannahga.gov

or call the Leisure Service Director's Office at 912-351-3837

good luck and let me know if you need references for any vendors.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:40 PM

5 posts, read 15,383 times
I am a Bridal Consultant in Savannah. My companys name is Royal Touch Weddings. I can definately help you out with any planning. Feel free to look at my website it is Welcome to Royal Touch Weddings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area