U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,764,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Those endpieces are just the comics section of the magazine, and rarely contain significant info. One of the things they DON'T mention is that water can form fifteen known types of ice.
Ice : Phases
"
I remember reading an article about making ice very quickly:

Ice created in nanoseconds by Sandia's Z machine
Not expected at your local 7-Eleven anytime soon

Though not your typical ice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
#17. Oregon State scientist have discovered that there may be more water in huge reservoirs underneath the oceans than in them.

I recently saw a show (maybe on Discovery) where they said there are huge reservoirs of water under the surface of the Earth, not just the oceans.
Shh. The Christians will say "See? The Bible was right. There IS water beneath the earth."

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
The dinosaurs had beer.
Actually, according to a Far Side cartoon by Gary Larson, the dinosaurs furtively smoked cigarettes, and that's why they died out.

http://www.joke-portal.com/far_side_dinosaurs.jpg

Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Foot Three
Cool article from Discover magazine about 20 unique things about water.
Yes interesting......... Lots I didnt know!!

Gracious

Old 05-22-2016, 02:23 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,335,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If Christopher Columbus poured an eight once glass of water into the ocean and that water mixed evenly with all the water in the world and you poured yourself an eight ounce glass of water from the tap, there would be about 250 water molecules from CC glass in your glass.
The water we drink today, it the same water the dinosaurs drank. It's gone through the water cycle a few billion times, but it's the same water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I have read before that there has never been any study to actually determine how much water a human should drink.
I once had a doctor tell me the 8 glasses a day recommendation is overkill for the average person. He said drink enough to keep your urine a pale yellow color and you'll be fine.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:34 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
The water that comes out our taps is basically dead,NO GOOD VALUE @ ALL

Natural water IS QUITE BENEFICIAL!!!!!!!!!

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourdes_water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology