U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,071,860 times
Reputation: 11048

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I agree whole heartedly about Tesla.
I am not one who stands down when I see something wrong. To do that I believe is wrong.
Thanks for the links and videos. I enjoyed them.
Btw, I was in a Tesla vehicle this past weekend. Hardest seats I've ever sat in.
He was a great man that few people know about, even well educated individuals.....I composed the thread as my tribute to Tesla.

I am quite the "fighter" myself......but I expend most of that energy in the POC Forum......I hate bigotry and prejudice of ANY kind.

You are welcome......I'm glad you enjoyed my thread.

Sorry to hear about the seats.....very "sharp" looking car design though.....perhaps the designers overlooked comfort as they concentrated on battery performance and other high tech parameters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
 
Location: MO Ozarkian in NE Hoosierana
4,679 posts, read 10,652,984 times
Reputation: 6878
Nice thread to offer well deserved tribute to a very unique awesome and talented individual.

lol - guess Tesla does have some claim to fame... at least to my knowledge at this moment, there is no top 50 rock band and/or car company named after Edison, Einstein, Westinghouse, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,071,860 times
Reputation: 11048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Nice thread to offer well deserved tribute to a very unique awesome and talented individual.

lol - guess Tesla does have some claim to fame... at least to my knowledge at this moment, there is no top 50 rock band and/or car company named after Edison, Einstein, Westinghouse, etc.

Thankyou....I wanted to spread the world on Tesla and make sure folks realize all his accomplishments.

ROFL....the rock band sure ain't The Rolling Stones....I never heard of them until I composed this thread but I did hear of Tesla Motors; however their sales are in only the thousands......so they aint no General Motors in the public's psyche..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 05:31 PM
 
Location: MO Ozarkian in NE Hoosierana
4,679 posts, read 10,652,984 times
Reputation: 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Thankyou....I wanted to spread the world on Tesla and make sure folks realize all his accomplishments.

ROFL....the rock band sure ain't The Rolling Stones....I never heard of them until I composed this thread but I did hear of Tesla Motors; however their sales are in only the thousands......so they aint no General Motors in the public's psyche..
The irony of your post,,,


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
 
Location: state of enlightenment
2,391 posts, read 4,570,000 times
Reputation: 2435
Tesla basically invented the modern world - the power grid, electric motor, broadcasting. There are conspiracy theories about an electric car that got energy from the earth's magnetic field - infinite mpg. It's interesting that the FBI seized his records. Under what pretext would these thugs seize the documents of a private citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,071,860 times
Reputation: 11048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
The irony of your post,,,


I was being facitious........but at least he's getting some recognition. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 PM
 
3,129 posts, read 5,153,548 times
Reputation: 1588
Great thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,071,860 times
Reputation: 11048
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Tesla basically invented the modern world - the power grid, electric motor, broadcasting. There are conspiracy theories about an electric car that got energy from the earth's magnetic field - infinite mpg. It's interesting that the FBI seized his records. Under what pretext would these thugs seize the documents of a private citizen?
I concur completely......probably the greatest scientist and inventor of all time.......responsible for our modern world.

I often wonder why the FBI siezed all his writings etcetera as well.......seems suspicious to say the least. There is a link early in the thread with some of the documents released by the government but I doubt that everything has been made public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
 
Location: MO Ozarkian in NE Hoosierana
4,679 posts, read 10,652,984 times
Reputation: 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I concur completely......probably the greatest scientist and inventor of all time.......responsible for our modern world.

I often wonder why the FBI siezed all his writings etcetera as well.......seems suspicious to say the least. There is a link early in the thread with some of the documents released by the government but I doubt that everything has been made public.
"national secrets"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,071,860 times
Reputation: 11048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
"national secrets"

LOL.......it does make me wonder....I still need to read through all the FBI records.....I think they really believed he was in touch with "the aliens". .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top