U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 PM
 
Location: Constitutional USA, zn.8A
685 posts, read 159,087 times
Reputation: 538

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I want to live forever! Well maybe not forever
but I intend to live a very long time, thousands of years or more.

I decided to start this thread here because it has to do with science and
the progress of info technology. ... That will allow us to have super strong immune systems and
help us be even smarter as our biology will blend with nano technology.
They have already found the aging gene and fat gene and are working on being able to stop and even reverse them. ... I can't wait. This is the best time to be alive!
it may come as a surprise to you, but you Josseppie will, in fact, live forever!

(Not via some man-concocted science theories... either. Those theories of what genes, supposedly control, are all wet.)

But yes, you will live forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,756 posts, read 18,384,923 times
Reputation: 3887
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
it may come as a surprise to you, but you Josseppie will, in fact, live forever!

(Not via some man-concocted science theories... either. Those theories of what genes, supposedly control, are all wet.)

But yes, you will live forever.
I think we are talking two different things. While you might be right my goal is to never find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,756 posts, read 18,384,923 times
Reputation: 3887
This new class of drug looks promesing to help me reverse age by the time I am 50 in 2023.....


Removing Aging Cells With a New Class of Senolytic Drug

The new research work on senolyic drugs by Baar et al. uses a rationally designed molecule that selectively targets senescent cells in vivo, both in an accelerated aging mouse model, and in normally aged mice as well, with few if any side effects.

Senolytics are a new class of potential anti-aging drugs that function by specifically killing senescent cells through apoptosis. The phenotypic changes seen in non-dividing senescent cells, such as the senescence associated secretory phenotype (SASP) can in turn aberrantly influence nearby cells, leading to chronic inflammation and other changes that are detrimental to an organism.

The link: Removing Aging Cells With a New Class of Senolytic Drug – LEAF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
1,141 posts, read 1,100,674 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This new class of drug looks promesing to help me reverse age by the time I am 50 in 2023.....


Removing Aging Cells With a New Class of Senolytic Drug

The new research work on senolyic drugs by Baar et al. uses a rationally designed molecule that selectively targets senescent cells in vivo, both in an accelerated aging mouse model, and in normally aged mice as well, with few if any side effects.

Senolytics are a new class of potential anti-aging drugs that function by specifically killing senescent cells through apoptosis. The phenotypic changes seen in non-dividing senescent cells, such as the senescence associated secretory phenotype (SASP) can in turn aberrantly influence nearby cells, leading to chronic inflammation and other changes that are detrimental to an organism.

The link: Removing Aging Cells With a New Class of Senolytic Drug LEAF
It doesn't help revsere aging simply gets rid of the lingering cells that should be dead but are not which in theory getting rid of them would reduce inflammation in body and thus decrease age related diseases, but won't rejuvenate you.

Also, in their conclusion:

Quote:
"There are of course many follow up experiments that need to be done. Are there truly no side effects? Can this or a similar drug work well in humans? Also, what are the long-term consequences of clearing senescent cells? It is known that senescent cells do play a positive role in promoting tissue repair[9]. Will stem cell replacement be required for the long-term maintenance of organ function? All in all, however, this latest work is a truly significant step forward in the development of a feasible senolytic therapy and further validates the hypothesis that the clearance of senescent cells can promote improved organ function."
Seems like there's still years of research into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 PM
 
100 posts, read 24,966 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
I want to live forever!
Are you Oasis? :-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2017, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 N, 🌄W
7,213 posts, read 2,430,530 times
Reputation: 4235
Figure out how to keep your Telomere's long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,756 posts, read 18,384,923 times
Reputation: 3887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
It doesn't help revsere aging simply gets rid of the lingering cells that should be dead but are not which in theory getting rid of them would reduce inflammation in body and thus decrease age related diseases, but won't rejuvenate you.

Also, in their conclusion:



Seems like there's still years of research into it.
Yes it is not going to happen over night. I have read by 2023-2029.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
1,141 posts, read 1,100,674 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Yes it is not going to happen over night. I have read by 2023-2029.
I have yet to see evidence that we are close. All the experiments on life extension have concentrated on removing age related disease or slowing down aging, which would all extend your life but not make you younger. I have yet to read anything in which they actually regenerated and reverse the age of something even in very simply organisms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2017, 06:12 PM
 
2,718 posts, read 5,972,055 times
Reputation: 2639
Want to live forever? Go digital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Boston
1,500 posts, read 337,637 times
Reputation: 2697
I used to fall for this phoney science when I was a kid, 40 yrs ago.
Truth is I just hadn't dealt with my mortality and I was afraid but kept pushing it to the back of my mind with the thought that by the time I'm getting old they will have solved the death problem.
Its fantasy science, fake. But if people are too afraid to deal with the reality of life, yes you're gonna die for certain, then you'll fall for anything that sounds promising.

We'll be able to download the mind? thats hilarious.
Precisely where does consciousness reside in the brain.?
Do you know what the latest theories tell us?
Nothing, they don't have any theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top