U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM

12,092 posts, read 20,220,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Actually, my biggest fear is that this tech will be developed, but made available only for the super-rich.

Imagine this - the billionaire class taking the Eternal Youth Treatment which enables them to outlive the rest of the population by centuries. What's gonna happen? They'll get richer and richer, hoarding all the money in the world. Today, we have 3 (yes, three) individuals who own more than the bottom 50% of the US population. A century of these billionaires outliving everyone else, it'll be something like 100 families owning 99.9% of the wealth.

NOT a world I wanna live in. It would be smart to start banning this stuff now, while we still have the chance...
Genetic medicine is already getting cheaper. It use to be in the millions now it is under 1 million and it will continue to drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:57 AM

This has been all over the news and not only fits in my timeline by 2023 when I am 50 but includes dogs as I have a dog who is my best friend and 3 years old so will be 5 years old in 2019 and can bennefit from this as well.

Aging Reversal tests in dogs by 2019 and then in human tests by 2022 if that works

The link: https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/1...ml#more-139235

Old 11-29-2017, 06:24 PM

This is a interesting news on what is happening now.

Gene Therapy Shows Promise For A Growing List Of Diseases

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...diseases?sc=tw

Old 11-29-2017, 11:08 PM

9,628 posts, read 3,992,034 times
Josseppie,

You will never live forever especially at the rate humans are contributing the the 6th mass extinction. Just look at the world's growing population with no end in sight. Perhaps you can do some research on "human overpopulation" and "earth's carrying capacity".

Is this really a planet you would want to live on forever? Even if humans could ever jump to another planet they will screw it up just like they have this planet. Good luck dreaming...nothing wrong with dipping out of reality with dreaming.

Do you understand the sun will not last forever and neither will planet earth or humans. We are not immune to extinction.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 AM

3,384 posts, read 1,396,277 times
Given the way things are going, I suspect I would not want to make it much past the next 50 years.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:22 PM

More progress.

IN BRIEF

Noted business accelerator Y Combinator has launched YC Bio, a funding track specifically for biotech companies. The initial focus will be companies looking to help humans live longer, healthier lives.

The link: https://futurism.com/new-experiment-...ging-once-all/

Old 01-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Status: "Unvote Undemocracy! Go republican form." (set 9 days ago)

13,004 posts, read 9,076,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Josseppie,

You will never live forever especially at the rate humans are contributing the the 6th mass extinction. Just look at the world's growing population with no end in sight. Perhaps you can do some research on "human overpopulation" and "earth's carrying capacity".

Is this really a planet you would want to live on forever? Even if humans could ever jump to another planet they will screw it up just like they have this planet. Good luck dreaming...nothing wrong with dipping out of reality with dreaming.

Do you understand the sun will not last forever and neither will planet earth or humans. We are not immune to extinction.
Though it is a "politically correct" assumption that "things are going bad," that's part of the indoctrination.
Environmental preservation is suicidal and genocidal. We need environmental amplification.
Humans are the solution, not the problem. Humans can “thicken” the life bearing volume of a finite surface area, providing more habitat, for humans and wildlife.

Humans can engineer habitat down, up, on water, under water, terrace mountains, impound rivers, and ascend into the sky.

Examples of “thickening”
[] Multistory construction. A multistory structure multiplies the available surface area, originally taken by the foundation.
[] Permaculture and related high yield agriculture : __ Aquaculture __ Aeroponics __ Hydroponics __ Verticulture __ Tower gardening __
[] Multispecies fish farming - combining filtering shellfish with high concentration of fish

The logical step after multiforming the Earth is to colonize space, by constructing large habitats, to orbit around the Sun and other planets. Using robotic fabricators that self replicate, these micro factories could be seeded across the Solar system. Each one builds the tools that build the tools that build the tools. Attached to a celestial body - asteroid, moon, or comet, they could harvest resources and construct massive tooling to build vessels, hulls and shells.

Once the exponential increase in space habitat exceeds the rate of population growth, humanity will be free of the limiting pressures of Earth that fueled wars and conflict.

Outside of the gravity well, humanity can "surf" the Solar system, using the Interplanetary Transport Network. With a convenient fusion reactor, plenty of expansion room and a large resource base, humanity can keep on expanding for another 6000 years. By then, we may find ways to reach the nearby stars and utilize their resources, and keep on expanding outward.

It may take 600 - 800 million years - at 1/10 lightspeed - to colonize our galaxy. But who's in a rush?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:32 AM

9,628 posts, read 3,992,034 times
^^^
You are out of touch with reality and don't appear to really understand the issues plaguing the world with respect to overpopulation which is fueling the Holocene extinction. You don't appear to know anything about earths carrying capacity.

Good luck dreaming about colonizing other planets.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM

I know it does not always look this way but 2017 was the best year in human history and it will only get better.

This is from CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkm...ndex=120&t=88s

Old 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM

In my quest to live forever I want to sequence my genome. I found this company and will have it done this year.

ABOUT US (US)

Dante Labs is transforming genetics. Our mission is to make advanced genomic testing accessible to everyone. We want to empower people with knowledge and insights about their own genetic information so that they can live healthy, long and happy lives.

The link: https://www.dantelabs.com/pages/about-us-us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology