Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Slowing the ageing process and "reverse aging" are not one in the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 03:00 AM

Until you can produce one single peer reviewed scientific paper to support your claims then IMO you have nothing here. Not one of your links is evidence of anything you have been claiming.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:48 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Until you can produce one single peer reviewed scientific paper to support your claims then IMO you have nothing here. Not one of your links is evidence of anything you have been claiming.
I do not look up scientific papers so if thats what you looking for I do not have any. This is city data not a college thesis. I just want information so i know what is coming as reverse aging is a short term goal of mine.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I do not look up scientific papers so if thats what you looking for I do not have any.
Then I highly recommended you do this vs. posting the types of links that you do which offer nothing but misinterpretations on the actual science because they know it sells to folks who are not truly knowledge about science or how to find credible sources.
Quote:
This is city data not a college thesis.
A college thesis has nothing to do with me asking you to provide peer reviewed published papers that validate your claims.
Quote:
I just want information so i know what is coming as reverse aging is a short term goal of mine.
But you are not getting factual information...you are getting online sites claiming to provide science news. These sites are notorious for twisting and taking out of context the information or purpose of a scientific study. The only way to prove this to you is to have you find the actual research and the published paper on that research. You will find that what the science news site claims is far different from what the actual scientist conducting the research is intending. So basically you are getting deceptive information. Is that what you really want? This is the science forum and credible evidence/information is what's required in science.

Do a little experiment. Take the first 4 of your links in the list and look up the actual scientific study and the accompanying published paper on their study. Compare this to what your links say.

If you do this you will then understand why I stated: Until you can produce one single peer reviewed scientific paper to support your claims then IMO you have nothing here. Not one of your links is evidence of anything you have been claiming.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Then I highly recommended you do this vs. posting the types of links that you do which offer nothing but misinterpretations on the actual science because they know it sells to folks who are not truly knowledge about science or how to find credible sources.
A college thesis has nothing to do with me asking you to provide peer reviewed published papers that validate your claims.
But you are not getting factual information...you are getting online sites claiming to provide science news. These sites are notorious for twisting and taking out of context the information or purpose of a scientific study. The only way to prove this to you is to have you find the actual research and the published paper on that research. You will find that what the science news site claims is far different from what the actual scientist conducting the research is intending. So basically you are getting deceptive information. Is that what you really want? This is the science forum and credible evidence/information is what's required in science.

Do a little experiment. Take the first 4 of your links in the list and look up the actual scientific study and the accompanying published paper on their study. Compare this to what your links say.

If you do this you will then understand why I stated: Until you can produce one single peer reviewed scientific paper to support your claims then IMO you have nothing here. Not one of your links is evidence of anything you have been claiming.
I have a masters so i get there is a time and place for resesrch papers but you put way too much emphasis on them.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I have a masters so i get there is a time and place for resesrch papers but you put way too much emphasis on them.
I also hold a MS degree and it has no bearing on me asking for credible verifiable evidence of which you have provided none. Even if I had zero science education I would still expect people to post credible sources of information that backs up their claims...especially in a science forum.

In science that's how it's done. You don't just post non-credible sites and try to pass them off as facts.

In science we always look at the actual study. Evidence is the basis of science.

We are in the Science forum right?

Old 05-17-2018, 02:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Just remember not to fight about it. And for the record, this is the science forum, isn't asking for evidence basically what science is about ?
Yac.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Interesting article on how we could become immortal.

Transhumanism – How Science Will Make Us Immortal

A Glorious Future?

Once one adopts an evolutionary perspective it is easy to see that the future will not be like the past. Twenty-first century technologies—especially nanotechnology, genetics, artificial intelligence and robotics—will transform reality. And if we survive, humans and their post-human descendants will understand and control matter, life, and mind. These developments are part of cultural evolution, itself is a part of cosmic evolution, with both processes producing more complex forms of life and mind.

The link: http://churchandstate.org.uk/2018/06...e-us-immortal/

Old 06-13-2018, 02:40 PM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
Quote:
Interesting article on how we could become immortal.

Transhumanism – How Science Will Make Us Immortal

A Glorious Future?

Once one adopts an evolutionary perspective it is easy to see that the future will not be like the past. Twenty-first century technologies—especially nanotechnology, genetics, artificial intelligence and robotics—will transform reality. And if we survive, humans and their post-human descendants will understand and control matter, life, and mind. These developments are part of cultural evolution, itself is a part of cosmic evolution, with both processes producing more complex forms of life and mind.

The link: http://churchandstate.org.uk/2018/06...e-us-immortal/
Dude, you ever think about what will happen if everyone lives forever? Either kids continue to get born and we crowd ourselves right out of existence, or zero children will be born - forever. Is this what you desire?

It's a good thing I'm a firm believer in reincarnation - to me, that's like living forever, except I get to come back in different bodies / situations every time. Sure beats living in this "same-old, same-old" body for eons.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:32 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Dude, you ever think about what will happen if everyone lives forever? Either kids continue to get born and we crowd ourselves right out of existence, or zero children will be born - forever. Is this what you desire?

It's a good thing I'm a firm believer in reincarnation - to me, that's like living forever, except I get to come back in different bodies / situations every time. Sure beats living in this "same-old, same-old" body for eons.
We’ll clearly have to search for other planets to colonize or make due with what what we have in solar system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology